**massive Slate**

Status
Not open for further replies.

_weeman_

drivers in glasgow, the main revo dealer in the area. oh and it was the same dyno used

_weeman_

as ive said the first lumpy graph could be operator error. and i dont really care how much these moderators claim to know there is no fault with this car, the car gets remapped on friday by another company and if m0rk is right then it will not make any more power than the revo one, however if i am right the car will make much more power, the car will be tested on the same rr immediatly after the map

_weeman_

the operator of the dyno was different in the two tests, now as your mighty mod says the second graph is ok. so that cannot be operator error

markoos

Simples!
Feb 1, 2004
Cumbernauld
Visit site
Should all possible options of what may/may not be the problem be looked at before slating?as mentioned before?
Also they gave you your money back,no questions asked,so surely no reason again for slating?Just a personal opinion.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
guided fault finding... LMFAO. total waste of time then

logging is acceleration under load (like 4th gear) from low RPM to limiter while recording the measuring blocks

chuck your 1552 machine or whatever brick it is you're using & get a laptop with vag-com (and someone who knows how to use it)

_weeman_

lack of knowlege there bro?? its 5052, it is a laptop, and its third gear, as i said on friday if the car makes much more power would you agree the fault has been within the mapping??

_weeman_

God your a bit of a jumped up....

Obviously these people on here now nothing about these products and have never used them?

People offer advice and you throw it back in their faces and try and be the 'bigger man'.

not at all, i said my map was shite, which it was and these guys are adament that because the company is tried and tested the map cannot be wrong. as ive said, if the car makes shite power on friday, i will post the graph and i will eat humble pie, however i am confident that will not be the case.

_weeman_

as i said im happy im right. but as you chaps dont share my confidence then only friday will tell. now, m0rk, if the car makes more power after being mapped on the same indepentant rolling road then would you agree the fault has been within the mapping and the first lumpy graph was operator error???

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
lack of knowlege there bro?? its 5052, it is a laptop, and its third gear, as i said on friday if the car makes much more power would you agree the fault has been within the mapping??

put it this way

I'm not the one who works with cars all day proclaiming 7 years experience asking what's up with my car am I?

You're looking at a single figure on a dyno plot, which could easily have been frigged by a superchoops dealer. that plot is terrible, and not 'OE' at all. It's just not "right" regardless of what peak figure you have on there....

OE maps should be smooth in delivery without spikey lumps all over it.

3rd gear in a PD130 won't produce the load you need for reliable logging, so please - quit the jumped up "know it all" act and head back to work, pick up your machine and do the job properly

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
as i said im happy im right. but as you chaps dont share my confidence then only friday will tell. now, m0rk, if the car makes more power after being mapped on the same indepentant rolling road then would you agree the fault has been within the mapping and the first lumpy graph was operator error???

I don't understand what you're getting at?

1st dyno run you admit was run by a monkey at a Ford Tuners and was crap
2nd dyno was run at the same place by the same place which has proven to be unreliable as in 1st dyno plot

Check the figures at the bottom, the pressure's are totally different (well known trick to boost dyno figures)

I'm getting bored rapidly now

_weeman_

i never asked what was up with my car, as i know there is nothing up with it. now once again you havent answered my question, if the car makes more power on friday does the fault lie within the mapping?? and one other question. do revo not make mistakes??

_weeman_

thats ambient air pressure you dipstick, and yes same rolling road two different operators

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I've pretty much had enough of you now.....

ambient air pressure can be 'adjusted' on dyno software to give more or less power....

of course unscrupulous dyno operators might alter this number to co-incide with their desired affect (like showing the post map difference as being much lower than it really was)

_weeman_

please read the post!!!!!! if the car had the 170bhp it was supposed to have why would i have taken it to get tested?? the reason the car was taken to be tested was because it had made very little difference so its not only the rolling road that thinks the maps shite i do too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise