**massive Slate**

Status
Not open for further replies.

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
hi weeman, I'm the chap at Drivers who loaded the map on your car. I find it a bit unfair as to the "slating" your giving both Revo and ourselves. We have remapped a lot of 130pd's with Revo software and can honestly say that we have never had anyone back with any issues. As I discussed on Saturday with you, I have contacted Revo to see if they could suggest any possibilites that would be causing low power and am awaiting there response. Neither ourselves, Revo or any customer is happy when a situation like this arises but you haven't given anyone an opportunity to investigate further and hopefully rectify the situation to a satisfactory conclusion - instead you wanted it removed - which we did straight away and refunded in full. I can understand your dissappointment and apologise for any inconvience that you incurred but I think the response you have posted on this forum is rather unpleasant. We did what you wanted straight away - many companies would have argued or tried to deny the problem. I hope you get the results you want through the other tuner and hope by posting this reply it does not turn into a "slagging" match.

_weeman_

neil, as i said on saturday thank you for removing the map as soon and as hassle free as you did. the point is i was unhappy with the map, and expressed this. i now have ppl on here impling that revo cannot be at fault and blame is being passed everywhere. can you honestly say the car felt like a 170-180 bhp car when you drove it??

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
if this is the log your talking about you can whistle for it as it is a constanly changing measurement, but you'd know that??

everyone else can post , boost - req/vs specified logs , MAF- same thing ,even fuel trims , throttle position etc , what gears where the power runs done in , more info is indeed required , what kind of dyno was used

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
When I drove the car I though it drove well - admittedly I never drove it standard and it was within 30mph limits. I'm not saying it is impossible to have a fault within a map, but if there was I would have thought it would be apparrant on every car mapped with the same ecu number using Revo and there would be a lot of unhappy customers. As far as I'm aware this hasn't been the case. As I mentioned earlier I will be in touch with yourself as soon as I have had a response from Revo and by all means let me know how you get on on Friday with it.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Just wondering why would a car that makes 130bhp standard and as some people here suggested "not running right" make over 140bhp give or take???

surely after fitting the revo map it would give the same 170bhp+ gains???

I seems that the map was at fault as Neil suggests however some people seem to think its weemans car thats at fault

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Just wondering why would a car that makes 130bhp standard and as some people here suggested "not running right" make over 140bhp give or take???

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: the std map is not meant to give a dyno plot like you have on the 1st map......

I can see 1 deleted thread & 1 less user coming up very soon.

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
for a start you wont see full power until after maybe 15 0 miles and 7/8 ignition cycles , fact, also under remapped conditions minor faults-niggles if you were are magnified , you might not know at 1.34 bar boost you have a problem , but rest assured at 1.8bar it'll be apparent,you need to post logs , of intake temps, maf (req. vs actual) and boost (actual vs req)

Jun 28, 2001
boost pressure control valves have been changed on this model and are not exactly the same as the cupra one and they limit the amount of boost provided and will NOT go any higher unless you upgrade the valve.
Answer in 1 :)
do the homework:)

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: the std map is not meant to give a dyno plot like you have on the 1st map......

I can see 1 deleted thread & 1 less user coming up very soon.

youve got a serious control problem pal

I was just asking a perfectly good question no need to mouth of about banning people

At the end of the day once revo has contacted Neil and gave him a reason no one will know either way (car or map) what was wrong

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
first i have heard , there is no N75 on these models , boost control( vnt mechanism control) is all governed by the black box on the turret (vacuum control soleniod)

anymore detail

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Back to the thread title for a moment.. WHY the slating?? car was mapped , you weren't happy ,guy took map OFF , and then GAVE YOU REFUND!!

GO ELSEWHERE, YOUNG MAN.

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
An ECU reset is advised as well after a remap to take proper advantage of the changes made. Was a big thread title ECU reset is a must and detailed more. I did an ECU reset recently on a std TDI 110 and it made a big difference to the running of my car.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Considering Im probably older than most on here, you 'YOOF' blabbing at the gils just cos you had to drive somewhere on a fools errand with a hangover no wonder I sound like the old boy across the road :rolleyes:

[B)]

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
could passably be a faulty map, but it's more likely that the car have had some sort previous mapping that has conflicted with the REVO code :shrug: that first map look absolutely awful :no: but as your slating a company and your admittedly NOT sure and carrying out more checks i think thats a bit off mate TBH, if you had a problem and came on here and asked anyone for advice or help or whatever people would have given you an UNBIASED opinion on what could cause what happened, but shouting odds like you have done a generally making abrasive comments doesn't help you or us.
my PERSONAL opinion of REVO is very very high even tho i had a problem on one of my older cars after being mapped and unfortunately i got shot of the car before the problem was resolved. Even tho the problem wasn't traced back to said map when i purchased a PD130 FR they offered a discounted code for it(thanks kev;)) as compensation. They have always beeen A+ on customer service. after the map there were clear improvements in every gear both top speed and acceleration and it was very smooth to drive... well for about a week till i wrote it off by hitting a Dear:lol:
hope you sort your car out mate and find a map thats suitable for you taste and lets us knoe eh :D

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
An ECU reset is advised as well after a remap to take proper advantage of the changes made. Was a big thread title ECU reset is a must and detailed more. I did an ECU reset recently on a std TDI 110 and it made a big difference to the running of my car.

after the maps loading all adaptions are reset automatically iirc mate
PS glad the reset work out for you tho :D

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
Just wondering why would a car that makes 130bhp standard and as some people here suggested "not running right" make over 140bhp give or take?

t

a lot of VAG group cars are conservative on printed BHP figures and with the aforementioned dyno lottery it doesn't really help when trying to be scientific about these things:shrug:
and as mention if there is something on it's way out a map will shall we say "highlight" these problems so if the car was making 140 before map, the map has then brought up a fault and is only managing to get 155 tops out of the engine hence something on it's way out could have blown etc
PS sure someone else on her got there standard FR TDi PD130 testes to 143.?? BHP:confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.