**massive Slate**

Status
Not open for further replies.

_weeman_

right, so as i know absolutely nothing. will someone please clarify. if on friday after my car is remapped one of two things will happen

1. it will make over 165bhp and go like a train, pointing the finger at a faulty map

or

2. it will make 150 ish bhp and feel just the same pointing the finger at a faulty Seat.

Is this a fair way of deciding what is definately at fault, using the road and a rolling road??

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
yup does that not make sense to you then mate:confused:

ps don't think anyone said you know nothing they just suggested what you do know may have been interpreted incorrectly thats all

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
right, so as i know absolutely nothing. will someone please clarify. if on friday after my car is remapped one of two things will happen

1. it will make over 165bhp and go like a train, pointing the finger at a faulty map

or

2. it will make 150 ish bhp and feel just the same pointing the finger at a faulty Seat.

Is this a fair way of deciding what is definately at fault, using the road and a rolling road??

OR

Does anyone (apart from yourself , obviously) really give a FF as to the outcome on friday?:whistle:

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
sounds like a plan?

I hate threads like this, brings the site down :(

Difference between giving your view and 'attacking' somewhere....

I think you received superb customer service from this place, which you seem to agree, but then the thread title is misleading... almost contradicting yourself...

Either way I hope you solve the issue,

Mike

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
47tzzpu.gif

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
i do i'm intrigued now:think:

......am i the only one:hide:

ps one more post for brummy then the big 3000:clap:

wow, love this thread it's got it all..real life soap... didn't realise 'sooties' were this exciting!
i'm intrigued, only prob is i'm in the 'big smoke' living the high life, lunch at Claridges:D looks like surfin' on phone to see whose doing the biggest climb-down in history:shrug:

djjonnibgood

Seat Ibiza 1.9TDI "130"
Feb 13, 2007
Wakefield,West Yorkshire
To be honest guys i can understand where weeman is coming from.
To spend £500 quid and achieve very little i would be upst too!
But atleast the money was refunded.
Maybe the slating from both sides was abit harsh but everybody can have there say as this is a forum.
Ill be honest, im no expert on VAG cars or diesels, but if the car is running fine in standard form form day to day, why isnt the remap producing the expected output?
Weeman, does the car drive the same now the, map has been removed as before the remap?
Did you notice any problems in the cars performance (apart from the lack of expected power)?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
.............................Ill be honest, im no expert on VAG cars or diesels, but if the car is running fine in standard form form day to day, why isnt the remap producing the expected output?

"There can't possibly be anything wrong with me car, it must be something/someone else's fault". :rolleyes:

How many times have we heard that around here. Until there's proper objective analysis to remove ALL possible suspect causes, final judgement should be reserved (and shouting and 'slating' held back).

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Can i make one super big point, i have read through and not seen the answer ( but then it is early and i am tired) BUT

Are you sure the Ibiza is a 130 and not a 1.9 tdi 100 bhp as that looks like a possibility givent hat the resulting dyno run looks very much like remapped 100 tdi results.

either way looks like you were treated very well with a refund etc, can't ask much more than that. REVO were very good and on my 130 TDi along with a couple of other tasteful mods pumped out just under 190bhp

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
I can't see why you have titled this thread "massive slate" and included in your first post

I feel Revo and Drivers as a company and you as a customer deserve it, again SLATE

Yes, there is no denying that there is a problem somewhere along the line, either with your car or with the software that Drivers loaded onto your ecu.
But Drivers gave you a prompt refund and are now investigating the issue with revo to find out what the problem was. You can't ask for better customer service than that - and the companies involved certainly don't deserve to be slated on a public forum for trying their best.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
I've read the whole thread and the shape of that first graph is sticking in my mind, this is an OEM car producing a graph this shape?

Something is not right with the car pre-remap surely?? Can anyone honestly tell me that first graph looks remotely right.

Mar03_03.jpg

Figures can be played with just the shape I'm talking about....

I honetsly hope Weeman finds out what's wrong with his car and gets a satisfactory resolution but with your experience Weeman that first graph must look wrong to you????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members