tdi FMIC & DECAT PIPE - worth doing ?

TDC

Jun 2, 2005
Sorry guys, ive used the search for days now & can find anything..

What make/model FMIC & decat pipe for my '51 ,TDI 110 ?

& Is it worth it ?! ( i'm gonna remap it )

Thanks

TDC

timbotdi

Oct 18, 2006
www.awesomegti.co.uk for the decat pipe

Forge or Allard for the FMIC...

You may want to look in the TDI tuning bit of the forum for more relevant advice:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=117

Oh and yes if you're having a custom remap done then the mapper will be able to adjust it to make the most of your exact specification. If you're planning on getting Revo or Custom Code phase 1, then you'll see little gains, but the turbo sound will get a lot louder.

T

TDC

Jun 2, 2005
Cheers Tim, Forges 900 quid FMIC is far too strong for me though, & its not listed for the TDI, just the 1.8T

Awesome have no decat listed for the TDI
either , just 1.8Ts , i could only find their Milltek products

Will check allard

Custom map yes - definateley - i plan to suck out the file & email it up to my tuner , along with vagcom readings , it might work !!!!

Martin

Last edited:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Decat is just a straight pipe welded in place of the cat ..... should cost no more than £50 from any exhaust place :)

FMIC from a PD150 might fit, dunno as it's not something i've needed to do.

If you want a 'proper' decat, daveyonthemove was selling his, not sure if he sold it or not?

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
A mate manufactured his own decat pipe....he reckoned that was the easiest way...

he also after have a squize under my car suggested that the 150 IC is perfectly formed for the job and that I wouldn't benefit from an aftermarket one...

snoop

Hustla
Sep 12, 2001
Harrow, Middlesex
Visit site
I've got a spare hi flow decat pipe that i'm trying to get rid of...got shipped 2 of them by mistake and the seller didn't want to pay for return shipping :)

designed for a Seat Leon TDI

6250_1_b.JPG

£40 +p&P

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
www.awesomegti.co.uk for the decat pipe

Forge or Allard for the FMIC...

You may want to look in the TDI tuning bit of the forum for more relevant advice:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=117

Oh and yes if you're having a custom remap done then the mapper will be able to adjust it to make the most of your exact specification. If you're planning on getting Revo or Custom Code phase 1, then you'll see little gains, but the turbo sound will get a lot louder.

T
I though custom code took into consideration modifications done the car? Of course the ECU is very adaptive anyway.

timbotdi

Oct 18, 2006
Awesome's (Miltek) decat pipe is in the Mk4 Golf section and would be an identical fit.

"Golf Mk4 1.9 TDI large bore Downpipe EX-MIL-MSVW124 £123.26"

Jonjay, I believe Custom Code Phase 1 is generic, but Phase 2 is when they start to account for bespoke mods.

T

TDC

Jun 2, 2005
Thanks for the replies Guys, i really want to just buy one - the exhaust places around here would even do a puncture for less than £20 so i cant see them modding my pipe for me cheaply..

On mine its the flexy part thats busted ( from an accident ) so i really want a replacement ..

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2006
northwest
Hello TDC

I got a 110 too can you keep us updated on the mods(we like pics :) )

I wanna do some mods but money + time is getting in the way at the mo.

TDC

Jun 2, 2005
No rhetoric here - I know diesels dont gain much power from a free flow exhausts so @ 700 quid i want to make sure an FMIC will allow my remap to yield a lot more power .. a 110 would remap to , say 145 with no FMIC ? , what would it make with an FMIC & no other mods ? ?

BTW - got my decat sorted from davyonthemove, bargain, thanks & thanks to Fester for letting me know...

Last edited:

TDC

Jun 2, 2005
Yep thanks Fest - & theres a " used but never fitted " PD150 turbo on ebay right now - will it fit my non pd ?

TDC

Jun 2, 2005
Millteks de-cat pipe is 63.5 mm , quite a bit bigger than the standard - theres a guy on ebay selling custom reducers..

Heres how its looking so far -

ebayaugust025.jpg

TDC

Jun 2, 2005
Not sure on the S3 alloys yet - they have been resprayed in quite a gay hi mettalic silver , would probably look better
in matt black.. [:@] not to the road yet so i will leave it a bit & see...

ebayaugust027.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.