Remote Key locking question

=jsy= $H466Y

Sorry if this has been repeated elsewhere but I did search.
My key opens all the door locks when inserted into the barrel and turned.
The car has no problems starting yet when I press the button there is no response!
The lights light up when I press the buttons but there is no sound from the car.
I have tried the ignition and hold for 3 seconds technique but again nothing.
I have now brought a vagcom cable and ran the fault tests and there are no faults.
Does anybody have any ideas??? :help:

=jsy= $H466Y

Hi, thanks for the reply. The battery was changed by the seller when I brought the car and I brought it with the intention that its only a minor job therefore its no big issue.
Any other ideas?:confused:

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
I sometimes get a similar problem, I go out to the car, press the key fob to unlock, the light goes on but it does unlock, so you might say its like described in the previous thread that there isn't enough battery power..............however when I get this problem I unlock the door with the key in the barrel, then relock with pressing the key fob..................I can then Lock, unlock, lock unlock..........in quick succession one after the other with know problems so I don't think its the key fob battery................its like it looses its recognition of the signal to unlock it, but is OK once unlocked "manually" .................anyone any thoughts.

Paul

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
Thanks, now you say that I remember from the deep past being told something similar.........................it would make sense as I sometimes dial my mobile phone in my pocket ...so why not the key fob.....good point

Paul

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I had the same problem once, first thought it was a flat keyfob battery, so I changed it and it made no difference.
I then got the dealer to try changing it, in case I'd done something wrong, but that made no difference either.

Ended up having to have a new keyfob transmitter (was still under warranty at the time!).

=jsy= $H466Y

I have been told my key needs to be resynched with the car. I thought I had already done this by inserting the key in the ignition - removing the key and holding one button for three seconds then briefly pressing the other button.
When I did this without inserting it into the barrel only the driver door would open hinting that the key had been unsynched with the car. When I followed the instructions all the doors open. Any ideas what I have just done if I havent synched?:headhurt:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.