How many miles per full tank?

andycupra

status subject to change
im my opinion, if you are doing 6 miles per trip, stop start traffic, even in a diesel you would struggle to get more than 35 mpg no matter how you drive.

can you let us know how many litres you use to fill up to get 384 miles per tank... this way we can get an idea of the actual mileage. Do you wait till the light comes on? in my experience if you fill up fairly quickly after the light comes on your talking about 54 litres. which would be 32.3mpg for 384 miles...

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
I get around 40mpg for the above sort of trips, g/f's house and town and back!

Maybe 330 miles to 38 litres = 39.5mpg

d_cook88

zιℓ∂נιαη - ρℓαу ωιтн ƒιяє
Aug 28, 2007
Preston
well like i said i had 55mpg in 6th at either 40 or 50mph...cant quite remeber now, thing with motorway runs is that sum are inclinin and otehr declining, i go to work down hill on M6 and was amazed when cruisin at 70 that i was getting 74mpg...on the way home its about 36mpg.

andycupra

status subject to change
Very stop start journeys mon to fri - live very close to work. Takes me 6 mins to get to work but most of that time I'm idling or going 10-30mph.

Then it gets a good blast on a weekend, no where near redline though, just a good poke up the dual carridgeway.

hold on, its not 6 miles to work is it. -Its 6 minutes!
like you say you are mostly ticking over or doing 10-30 mph.
so fair to say 10mpg average?

so 6 mins at 10mph means its a 1 (one) mile journey!!!!!
then as you say a quick blast at the weekend including pull throttle in third gear. (and yes its normal to get to single figures showing on mpg readout boosting it full throttle up hill)

if your getting 32-33 your doing bl00dy well, diesel or no diesel.

stop worrying and get your bike out instead is my advice ;) id be over the moon to get those figures.

Last edited:

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Yes 6 mins not 6 miles.

According to Google Map Directions its exactly 1.8 Miles from my house to work.

God that makes me feel really lazy! ah yes, prolly cos I am!

I let my tank get really empty on the 384 Mile tank, the light was on for about a week - used it till the needle was just inside the 'empty' block.

Cost me £54 to fill up, using Shell extra @ 1.07p/Ltr - and like i say, with a 1.25 dose of Millers DPS4.

Am I right by saying the Leon has a 55ltr tank? 55ltr = 12.1 Gallons? So i'd need to be getting a constant 50MPG for a 600+ mile tank.......:think:

Shame its all hills round ere!

M90TEN

iv just got the standard 150bhp fr diesel. I use shell fuel (not V Power) and a full tank is about 45/50quid. can usually get 500 on a full tank. my journeys are mainly motorway bout 130 miles each time. i do give it a good boot aswell and it quite happily sits at 110mph.

d_cook88

zιℓ∂נιαη - ρℓαу ωιтн ƒιяє
Aug 28, 2007
Preston
haha the warnin light comes on when there is 7 litres left in tank approx....i wouldnt think your fuel is so bad becuase your engine wont even heat up properly on such a small trip! wow on a full tank it must last you like a month or sumit!

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Got 26.1MPG AVG on the way home.

I wondered if my fuel gage wasnt reading correct as I thought my light came on pretty premeture, saying that I used to drive my 1.6 Focus with the petrol light on for 2-3weeks.

God I wish it was summer so I could have a cruise upto Bolton Abbey or something.........

Thanks for all the info peeps, put my mind at rest now - AND RELAX!

Dec 5, 2007
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
i filled mine up and i have 300 on the clock atm and i can get another 50 or so but i thought that was low - i was expecting more when i bought a diesel. I drive about 30-45min to work on the motorway as well not really revving about 2.5rpm very often.

b21playa

oil burner
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham
you get 34mpg for short trips and think somethings wrong. I've sen mine as low a 21mpg for short trips and mines a diesel as well (not leon), this is why I want to buy a leon cupra tdi

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
I get 510 - 520 per tank!

I do very little in the way of short journeys and I purposely bought the car for the mileage it gets out of a tank.

When I first got the car I was getting about 42Mpg but after watching the MPG on the clock I get between 47 - 52Mpg. Its amazing how much extra milage you can gain by lift your foot up by 1mm. (Honestly)

My worst milage was over christmas with short journeys, it worked out to about 425 for the tank and my best so far was an eye watering 570miles.

SP

Dave H

Mar 12, 2007
Perth, Scotland
Seat Leon TDI SE 1.9 (110bhp)
590 ave miles in summer (can record as high 625)
530 ave miles in winter

I work off the first figures though, as mainly dual carriageway/ mway commuting. I did notice a considerable improvement to economy once i inflated my tyres to the correct pressure. I was driving on 28psi tyres which wont help anything! when was the last time you checked :shrug:

I sometimes splash a regular dose of Millers Sport additive.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
430...i get that without fail each month. If i do motorway driving it easily canr each 550-600.

stan_blade

My experience is very similiar to Sockpuppets.
I have had a 04 Cupra TDi with no Mods since new, and have covered 54k.
I drive 200 miles per week to work and back, and regularly see 500 miles per tank, even though I pay little respect to the speed limit on those dual carriageways. :whistle:

On long distance trips I have even pushed 600 miles out of the tank.

Since September I have noticed a slight degradation in MPG. How easy is it to do an ECU reset?

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
If you try hard enough you cram 60 litrs of fuel into the Leon. I've run it very low once or twice and had a receipt for 59.8 litres of fuel when venting. But i saw 630 miles from that tankfull, so i was happy enough.
Wonder how long it would take to walk 1.8 miles to work....... :think:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members