How many miles per full tank?

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
If you try hard enough you cram 60 litrs of fuel into the Leon. I've run it very low once or twice and had a receipt for 59.8 litres of fuel when venting. But i saw 630 miles from that tankfull, so i was happy enough.
Wonder how long it would take to walk 1.8 miles to work....... :think:

My missus walked the 2.7 miles to her works on occasion a while back - used to take her no longer than 45 minutes. I'd reckon on 30 mins for 1.8 miles at a reasonable pace!

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Went out for a drive and noticed my remaining miles creaping up........now saying i've got 465 miles remaining so gonna take it steady and see what I can get in total.

Only had the car 2 months now and its been remapped since 10th December, I think the novelty of having a remap is starting to wear off now I've had a good play with the power.

@ daveyonthemove - WALK? I'd end up getting stabbed/mugged on the way to work then unable to enjoy my motor :(

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
I think your economy is exactly what it should be for a very short journey in these cold conditions.
I do 50 mile each way in my car to work, so my car is thoroughly warmed up by the tim i get there, and has clawed back the economy from the first few cold miles.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
8 miles to work (just about operating temperature when I get there) the run is also very crap (at best 20 mins) - 41mpg av in winter :)

Summer its 43mpg. Very happy with the figures as this is all about what the car is used for (apart form the odd long run - 50mpg or thereabouts - gentle)

500 miles per tank is very usual per computer.

Haven't done a proper physical check for a while but computer was about right with the figures last time.

All in all, very happy with the Leon - quick and economical - what more do you want? :D

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
I agree totally. I was going to change mine before christmas and so glad I did not. The remap I had on Monday just completes the car now. It feels so strong even at 114k now and no bangs squeaks ratlles etc form anywhere.
Glynn

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
Bog standard Altea 2.0tdi 6sp 40k miles.

Anything from 480 to 570, probably average 520, always do full tankfull's and usually run car 'til the fuel light comes on, averaging 20k/year :cry:.

Trip 2 (long term) on fuel computer reads 53mpg, seen 60mpg this week going to work and not had less than 53mpg for journey to/from work this week. Fuel computer reads high by 3-4mpg.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Picked the kids up over the weekend.

6 miles each way.....car was readng 50.1 MPG when I parked up back outside my own house.

BELTER! Silly me for thinking I had a fuel economy problem! :lol:

markgre

Hi guys even with the custom remap i'm getting just under 600 miles to tank, and thats a mixture of driving. Seldom with a light foot.

On board comp shows average of around 52mpg on a tank with the average on trip 2 having covered nearly 9,000 miles of 47.6.

Not bad i think ! Esp when you consider it will leave most things off the lights.....

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Have a search on millers as there was a huge thread on it mid last year. I run Millers Performance Plus with Shell extra. It ups the centane rating is one thing it does hence people reporting less smoke, better MPG and smoother power (myself included).

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
I my Mk1 Leon (AmD mapped 150PD - 198bhp) I used to average around 500ish on a tank and had seen as much as 670 on really long runs with a vented tank.

On my Mk2 the most I've currently had is around 540 but the engines still pretty tight at 4.8k miles.

:)

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
I did the Millers write up last year when I was seeing if it was all BS or if there really was any benefit to it. If you can be bothered to wade through it its here :-

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=141756&highlight=millers

Currently, using Tesco std derv and no additives I'm on 46.7 on the computer's long range average. I do 800 miles a week, a mix of London, single a-road and mostly motorway at non-economic speeds! I don't drive for economy, but I don't thrash the car through the gears either for the most part. I now fill up every 7th one way trip which = about 560 miles per tank. Revo is never switched off!

Last edited:

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I did the Millers write up last year when I was seeing if it was all BS or if there really was any benefit to it. If you can be bothered to wade through it its here :-

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=141756&highlight=millers

Currently, using Tesco std derv and no additives I'm on 46.7 on the computer's long range average. I do 800 miles a week, a mix of London, single a-road and mostly motorway at non-economic speeds! I don't drive for economy, but I don't thrash the car through the gears either for the most part. I now fill up every 7th one way trip which = about 560 miles per tank. Revo is never switched off!

Thanks for that, I had a good read and found it interesting.

lol @ the bloke who blames MDPS4 for his knackered injector. Made me chuckle. Surely if it was MDPS4 then all injectors would be knackered, or maybe it just picks on one.

I go by the fact MDPS4 increases the cetane value so surely has to offer more power? Reason for me using it though is for its detergency.....(oh, and its free :funk:)

b21playa

oil burner
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham
well I get my Cupra TDI tomorrow, travelling up to Crewe from Birmingham and back so will see what kind of MPG I get, and miles from tank (wont take long to clock up the miles)

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
well I get my Cupra TDI tomorrow, travelling up to Crewe from Birmingham and back so will see what kind of MPG I get, and miles from tank (wont take long to clock up the miles)

You'll enjoy it mate!! Welcome to the 150 club! All you need to do now is remap it and get a clutch to take the remap!

b21playa

oil burner
Jan 10, 2005
Birmingham
You'll enjoy it mate!! Welcome to the 150 club! All you need to do now is remap it and get a clutch to take the remap!

Already been remapped mate - currently ay 193bhp. Its only been done for about 5 months but the clutch seems fine at the moment.

Dont really want to wear the clutch out as cant afford to have it done yet. Was actually thinking of getting the remap taken off - insurance friendly

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.