Innotec 'Turbo Clean Set'

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
What do you mean by "boot it"............I understand the vanes on my Turbo Open OK to give more boots (because the vacuum is pulling them open) its when they need to close down they get stuck (because the springs can't pull against the carbon crap) & hence overboost.

So unless I can get the vanes to open wide & return"often" it doesn't help & motorway driving doesn't seem to help unless I can get alot of hills & I floor it but even that just opens up the vanes which isn't the problem its returning them.........when I floor it I either run out of hill or the speed is to high to allow me to sustain it (for legal reasons !)

Paul

Dave H

Mar 12, 2007
Perth, Scotland
my definition of boot it = not caring about fuel consumption and plenty of exercising the turbo, right foot to the floor frequently. driving at the higher end of the rev spectrum.

I read that if the turbo is exercised on load and uphill it would burn of the carbon build up. (first approach) I adopted the exercising to all driving and to me, appears to have burned (removed) any potential carbon build up . I have not fallen into limp in this time, and my car appears more responsive and dare say smoother. If further troubles occur I will look to this Innotec product.

Previously my driving style (5000+ miles) was at low revs (higher gearing) and bang on the speed limit. (5th gear at 31mph for example) and the wake up call was when it went to limp, and when accelerating in 4th gear from 30mph to 50mph! So after doing my research on this forum - i slowly started using the right foot more aggressively, and built it up every journey. Now I do not fear accelerating hard as sure it will not limp on me after putting it through its paces. The turbo whistle is also back to what I remember a good few months ago :)

Bumpkin

I presume limp home mode would result in the engine management light being on?

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
I go for a 'max out' 3 figure, 10min drive in the early hours once every 2 months to clean out my exhaust, turbo etc. You can tell when the cars burning up the rubbish when the you see it flying out the exhaust like sparks.

thirty3

No limp mode does not bring on a managment light.....it limits the revs and maybe other stuff I'm not sure. Usually once stopped and restarted back to normal.

Bumpkin

No limp mode does not bring on a managment light.....it limits the revs and maybe other stuff I'm not sure. Usually once stopped and restarted back to normal.
OK, ta. New to this TDi stuff. SWMBO bimbles around in the Alhambra and I drove it like a saint for about 300 miles over the weekend trying to keep fuel consumption down. Felt, and sounded, pretty rough for the last 100 odd miles of that. Maybe I should try caning the nuts off it every now and then, once fully warmed up of course.

teds1969

Jul 27, 2007
hello, my car has developed the same problems you encountered earlier in the year, namely vanes sticking on the turbo, turbo switching off, only able to reset by switching engine off/on. You used the innotec cleaning product, and wondered if it your car still working okay or was it jusy a temporary fix?

adiniwasi

a few months after it's been done and yea, still hasn't gone into limp mode on me - so i'm guessing it's a pretty good short term fix

adiniwasi

yea, i got it done in March I think, and it's still ok. It has limped out on me twice since i got it done, both times when i've had heavy loads on - but got it serviced a couple weeks ago and no matter how hard i push it now it's not limping out. Started to use Miller in the fuel tank too - think that's been a help to the car too.

Mrs Sticky

You can get it direct from Innotec or on e-bay
Mrs Sticky xxxx:p

jcth1

Aug 25, 2007
Somerset/Toronto/Winnipeg
just spoke to tsr about the innotec stuff and they they will try it and have heard of it.

Rob said it shouldnt be no more than £100 labour if i buy the stuff. They will fit my miltek decat pipe cheap aswell for me so its all good if it works.

ASV delete next me thinks if it works and maybe the home made short shifter

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members