Allards EGR Pipe

mike.c1979

SFS are producing a number 4 hose as we speak. give them a call for more details, discount etc

strugers1

going back to the egr blanking valve i got the allars kit with the fmic i have fitte and i still have no cel light come on

mike.c1979

im after a FMIC too. Forge dont produce one which in my opinion is a bit silly as the PD 150engines cover a multitude of cars. So have looked at Rad Tec and Allards too. I have been told tho that the standard intercooler is good for 300bhp, and if thats the case whats the point as mine is only running 210 ish????

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Good for 300bhp? Wow, I thought it was good for 250bhp max.

If its good for 300 then i'm impressed!

Last edited:

mike.c1979

I dunno but I thought that it was Glynn that said it was good for 300bhp, I might be wrong though.

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
I doubt your FMIC will need replacing unless you are running MASSIVE power (in diesel terms anyway)! Realistically you aren't going to be going much over 250bhp are you (well depends what you are doing!)? What you got planned Mike?

Mike do you know when the SFS kit is likely to be ready?

mike.c1979

SFS have a car in at the moment, moulding the hose. Anthony said it wont be long. Just speaking to him at the moment and he said it wont be long at all. I am aftrer one too, like the resty of you haha

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I've mailed him.

I've asked him to pause my order on the turbo hoses so i dont have to pay for 2 deliveries, no doubt the turbo hoses are on the way though :doh:

mike.c1979

the number 4 hose is going to be sold with the number 11 hose and all connectors etc. its a good price, so best off if you ask Anthony

mike.c1979

The kit is awesome mate, mine has been on over a month and it just keeps me smiling. I have the turbo hoses, induction, all coolant hoses fitted and a number 4 and 11 hose kit on the way

mike.c1979

I dont think that the price that SFS are quoting forum members for the number 4 hose, number 11 hose and all billet alloy connectors for the hoses and intercooler will be beaten personally

mike.c1979

I have been playing with the idea of a FMIC for a while, but have had no joy with Forge etc.

Just been having a search online and making a few calls about a FMIC and have potentially come up trumps. No prices or anything but have found a company that will potentially sort them for the PD150 engine

Happy days

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Why do you want to change your FMIC for when the one you already have flows enough air for your needs plus plenty in reserve. Have you ever thought that maybe there is a reason respected tuning/intercooling companies like Forge and Allards don`t make a different FMIC they just strengthen the pipework so as to hold more boost.

mike.c1979

Conversely there are some tuners that reccomend that an intercooler should be replaced if you are running more than 200bhp on a PD150 engine. I like to have a balanced opinion personally. I listen to what people say on here, but I also talk to tuners, mechanics, and a mate that drives in the WRC (Guy Wilkes), who has a PD150 Leon. So all in all, I would rather improve the hoses (which I have done already), and start to look at the intercooler.

Oh and by the way, Forge dont do a hose kit for the PD150 engine

mike.c1979

Yeah no probs, Motoscope in Northallerton and Evolution R Motorsport in Durham are the companies that I have spoken to. Waiting for a call back of Revolution Motorsport.
When I contacted Forge a while ago, they did not produce a silicon hose kit for the PD150, hence why SFS sell the kit.
I respect your opinion, but think I will take the advice of motorsport professionals that I have dealt with for over 12 years to be honest

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise