fitting boost gauge on tdi

strugers1

or buy an egr removal kit and its already got a take off for one lol i want a boost guage but dont wanna buy one lol

strugers1

yes lose the asv!!! no big deal long as it drives fine who cares if it shuderes a little bit!!

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
If you go on tdi club youll see that all the boost pipes are tapped in this way.

The pipe is screwed in tight so its not going to just pop out - I suppose you could put a nut on the other side but I REALLY would not like to see this come loose and go into the engine :-o

I was talking about the plastic pipe that is a pushfit on the bleed nipple.
I said I wasnt being rude, just an observation thats all.

Last edited:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
If you go on tdi club youll see that all the boost pipes are tapped in this way.

The pipe is screwed in tight so its not going to just pop out - I suppose you could put a nut on the other side but I REALLY would not like to see this come loose and go into the engine :-o

Mine had run for over a year like this without popping out - it will be fine i'm quite sure.

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Having never heard of a PD engine going into over-run, I'm happy to risk it. I know how to stall my car should it be needed too - one time when my superlight flywheel and on/off clutch will be useful.

strugers1

well i read up a lot before i got one an weighed up ALL pros and cons so its cool!!!

tom167

bucksvag.net
Mar 27, 2006
Milton Keynes
If you have no ASV and your turbo oil seals go, the turbo will run on its own oil and your engine will go bang - the ASV will stop that happening if you turn the key off :)

Ok it's a 'small' chance but a huge price to pay if it does happen.

Dont mean to thread hijack but does anyone ever know of one of these engines running away on its own turbo oil supply?

Mar 8, 2007
Got my boost gauge today but cant work out how to wire it in.

I'm trying to wire it into the headlight switch so that it only comes on with the ignition.

Its a smoked swoosh 7 LED gauge.

Has 3 wires off it, a red which is says is ACC

white which is battery +

black which is earth.

I've located the ignition live but it seems to stay on and not JUST come on when I have the ignition on

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
that's because you can put the sidelights on wthout having the ignition on. Better off wiring to a remote lead on the HU or presumably even somewhere like e/w (?)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.