Big turbo for the dervs

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Yeh my bad to the Jabba lads! I know a few people off here have had problems with one of them and I got confused as to whether is was Jabba or JBS. But it's JBS. ;)

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Turbo Dynamics do a range of hybrid turbos.
Set 1 - PD130

Stage 1 = MD345 = GT17 compressor wheel.
Stage 2 = MD446 = GT20 compressor wheel.

Set 2 - PD150
Stage 1 = MD374 = GT17 compressor wheel
Stage 2 = MD376 = GT20 compressor wheel

Stage 1 – MD374

Hi flow GT17 compressor wheel, cnc machined compressor housing, 360 degree thrust bearing, cut back turbine blades, lightening of turbine wheel for faster ‘spool up’, modified V.N.T. turbine housing, uprated turbine seals. Other ‘blueprinting’ modifications. APPROX 200 - 220 BHP

Stage 2 – MD376

Hi flow 2275 spec compressor wheel, cnc machined compressor housing, 360 degree thrust bearing, cut back turbine blades, lightening of turbine wheel for faster ‘spool up’, modified V.N.T. turbine housing, uprated turbine seals. Other ‘blueprinting’ modifications. APPROX 240-260 BHP

Stage 1 £925 plus VAT for new unit
Stage 2 £975 plus VAT for new unit
The above prices are quite old now so probably not correct anymore.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Cheers for the answers chaps! I did realise that I had the FMIC but wasn't sure if it needed upgrading to a better, stronger one for the conversion. :p

I'll have a chat with a couple of tuners (hopefully they'll be honest rather than seeing an easy sale) rather than hijacking the thread.

So..... I need about £1500 quid for the missus then... keep an eye on the "For Sale" section! :whistle:

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Turbo Dynamics do a range of hybrid turbos.
Set 1 - PD130

Stage 1 = MD345 = GT17 compressor wheel.
Stage 2 = MD446 = GT20 compressor wheel.

Set 2 - PD150
Stage 1 = MD374 = GT17 compressor wheel
Stage 2 = MD376 = GT20 compressor wheel

Stage 1 – MD374

Hi flow GT17 compressor wheel, cnc machined compressor housing, 360 degree thrust bearing, cut back turbine blades, lightening of turbine wheel for faster ‘spool up’, modified V.N.T. turbine housing, uprated turbine seals. Other ‘blueprinting’ modifications. APPROX 200 - 220 BHP

Stage 2 – MD376

Hi flow 2275 spec compressor wheel, cnc machined compressor housing, 360 degree thrust bearing, cut back turbine blades, lightening of turbine wheel for faster ‘spool up’, modified V.N.T. turbine housing, uprated turbine seals. Other ‘blueprinting’ modifications. APPROX 240-260 BHP

Stage 1 £925 plus VAT for new unit
Stage 2 £975 plus VAT for new unit
The above prices are quite old now so probably not correct anymore.

So gonna sound stupid.....Stage 2 for the win? Why wouldn't you? For the minimal price difference.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
While I'm waiting for P-torque to get back to me with some prices, does anyone know the part numbers for the PD150 turbo or the PD160 turbo, if they aren't the same as each other? Cheers!

Dec 16, 2007
Gloucester/Cheltenham
Hmm, im looking to do BT next year, although cambelt, service, clutch & fmic are first :'(.

Saything that i get traction control on coming off roundabouts at 3,7500rpm in 3rd... so suspension to i guess aha!

I will no doubt be going to Will as i cannot fault the remap he gave me :D my cars aproaching 100k now :O and pulling out 185bhp i cannot complain at all.

Be one of the first BT high milage ibizas?

Should arange a SW meet im sure a few peeps will come.

Russ_tdi

Mar 8, 2006
big thing to keep in mind with BT is traction. i strongly recermend a ATB or LSD. Somthink to keep in the back of yor mind wen adding up the cost

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
big thing to keep in mind with BT is traction. i strongly recermend a ATB or LSD. Somthink to keep in the back of yor mind wen adding up the cost

Got that in mind yes but that'll be at a later date....

Just waiting for P-Torque to get back to me with a price.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Im sure if traction was an issue, you could get your map tweaked for a few pennies to work the turbo a lot less, lowering the power output??? or just put up with it :D i would ha.

Why would you lower the power? Bollocks to that! I'd rather spin down the road in a cloud of tyre smoke! haha! :D

Tbh i doubt a LSD will ever get done. You can get most of the power down in 3rd > so should be alright.

Russ_tdi

Mar 8, 2006
Im sure if traction was an issue, you could get your map tweaked for a few pennies to work the turbo a lot less, lowering the power output??? or just put up with it i would ha

can get away with having a smooth map and not geting a massiv loss in power. will help with taction no end as well.

You can get most of the power down in 3rd > so should be alright.

its not just putting the power down, the handling is massivly inproved as well

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.