'01 toledo 1.9tdi 110. loss of power. pictures. vag-com

depex

Hey

Picked up a toledo recently and are trying to figure out what causes my loss of power.

Don't think it's going into limp mode. Tried turning it off to reset it without any luck. Some days its fine and some it's pretty dead. Still no prob to take 3rd up to 75mph even when it's not working properly.
Seems like its pretty crappy at low rev too. Stuttering in 1th etc.

Might be working better when the engine is cold. The turbo has been replaced 1-2 years ago. Not sure if the maf or n75 valve has been replaced. Never been chipped.

Any help to figure out what causes this would be greatly appreciated. Ordered a ebay vac-com that should be here in two weeks.

Anyways. I found some cable half way broken that I don't know what is. Here are some pictures. Its connected to something below the EGR valve.

i30.tinypic.com/2z9guwl.jpg

i32.tinypic.com/29bodfs.jpg

i30.tinypic.com/vcwjyb.jpg

i31.tinypic.com/15u8uo.jpg

i28.tinypic.com/2r2ycrq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sssstew

Editing your spelling
is the cable inside actually broken or just the plastic sheething?

The black plastic elec unit below the EGR is the ant shudder valve for when you turn the engine off, you would know if this was a problem as you would feel it each time you turn the engine off.

Your right about getting vag com to trouble shoot this some more, once you get it scan for fault codes, and then do some logging of MAF requested vs actual and Boost requested vs actual and graph the results.

depex

Thanks. Not sure, plastic on the actual cable is gone so it should be replaced I guess. I'll post the vagcom results when I get it.

depex

Got my vagcom. Maf and boost log coming tomorrow. No idea what this is.

1 Fault Found:

17656 - Injection Start Regulation: Control Deviation

P1248 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

depex

Couldnt get it to save to log. Tried multiple times. 004 and 005. It wont let me check 115 and 118. I'll try again another time.

depex

Nope. Here are some logs from 004 and 005. First log has 4th up to 3600rpm. Couldnt figure out how to graph them. Going out to test maf now.

xeped.com/LOG-01-004-005-xxx.csv
xeped.com/LOG-02-004-005-xxx.csv

depex

That topic told me to check 4. Should have measured 3 instead of 5.

depex

Here are some maf logs. Car is going to the stealers tomorrow.

xeped.com/maf4th.csv
xeped.com/maf3rd.csv

depex

Thanks for helping out. Back from a big 120000km service. They didn't really check anything other than the fault code. Cable has been fixed. Any tips on what I should do next to fix this would be appreciated. Noticed one thing, if I put down gas pedal to the floor it will take about 1sec before it kicks in.

Last edited by a moderator:

depex

Didn't get a chance to log it yet. However the engine is very hard to start now that we got cold weather here. It's around -2celcius here at night and I have to hold the key around 6-8sec to get it started. Seems to run just fine after that. Any ideas?

depex

Turned out I simply didn't know that I have to wait before turning it on.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.