Allards PD150 Intercooler Pipework Fitting...

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Well if you bought the intercooler aswell be prepared to very quickly gain some qualifications in engineering becase you will have to fabricate several brackets, remove the front end and un-gas the air con. its one big ball ache, but i'm not far away from you so i'll come and laugh as you pull your hair out (as i'm now bald after the install).

I'm using the standard intercooler, so hopefuly wont be major stressy. Still, any tips would b welcome :)

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
I'm using the standard intercooler, so hopefuly wont be major stressy. Still, any tips would b welcome :)

The braket you are supplied with for the vacuum ball is a pain in the arse to fit, the pancake pipe is a ball ache to locate and fit and the only bracket that actually fitted on mine was the L-shaped pipe to gearbox mount.

I completely re-newed the intake system using allards/sfs stuff and out of all the pipe work i literally had to fabricate about 10 brackets and cut at least 1.5 feet off the pipes to make them fit and even then i had to revise the turbo outlet pipe and the pancake pipe mounting - if you make a mess of the pancake pipe fitting it will catch on either the ARB drop link, drive shaft, crank pully or wheel. Like i said though mate you can easily reap the rewards from your struggle.

triggby

Apr 25, 2008
It goes from the turbo to the pancake pipe, its called the turbo outlet pipe. You can by the bits seperate from some companies but you'd be best off with a new one from the dealers of SFS.

so do i just buy the new pipe and it clips in to where the old one went?? I'm worried that due to it being so loose it may have damaged the female part of the clip. is it worth putting high temp silicom sealnt round it??

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
I really can't complain about my experience with Allards.

He even sent me a EGR kit which I didn't ask/pay for :) - so that is going on the sales bit today.

Welding looks pucka on the pipes, everything is in the box, with good detailed instructions and at a reduced price for the whole kit i'm more than happy (I bet that will change when I come to fitting it)

Spoke to Lloyd Allard today and he said the EGR delete pipe is part of the kit as the pipework doesn`t fit else.:)

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
heres my kit.

DSCF1628.jpg

brad1

Chris, when you fitting this mate?? MJ i think they do two different pancake replacement pipes, one to use with the standard intercooler and their uprated intercooler, maybe someone else will confirm this :)

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
having a closer look at them now mine had a reducer on the turbo end and was a very large bore up until that point. Chris's seems to be the same bore all the way through. As you've seen on my readers ride brad i had to chop alot of the pipe away in order to make it all fit, what a bloody nightmare!

brad1

having a closer look at them now mine had a reducer on the turbo end and was a very large bore up until that point. Chris's seems to be the same bore all the way through. As you've seen on my readers ride brad i had to chop alot of the pipe away in order to make it all fit, what a bloody nightmare!

Oh yeah, i see what you mean now mate, i thought you was on about the other end lol.

triggby

Apr 25, 2008
is this kit really that hard to fit?!!?!? I've been toying with the idea of getting it but all this talk of how difficult it is to fit is putting me off!!!!

why are there problems with it? is it badly made? surely if it's the same shape and size as the original then it should fit?? confused

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.