ibiza fr tdi ticking

8owdy

hi all im quite new to this forum an recently bought a 06 ibiza fr tdi (about 2 months ago) the problem i have is a tickin noise comming from the engine, the noise gets faster as you rev, well the car wos overdue a service so i got it in for service yesterday. well i got the car back and it wos still tickin, the garage said its nuthin to worry about well came home from work earlier and stoped off at a mates house, 15 mins later came back out an started the car and the tickin wos gone turned it on an off a few times and still no tickin. so i drove about 20 miles and it wos not there, so decided to boost it on abit and wos ok for about a miniute and then started tickin again.. any help please :confused: the car has 107k fsh and its the blt engine.

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
Sounds like a hydrolic tappet mate. nothing to worry about. You can get those oil treatments which will sort it but the only trouble is you run the risk of buggering your turbo because they thicken the oil up a bit. you might find it will just go away or only do it when your engine is hot when the oil is thinner. You could try another oil change in 5k with an engine flush. Thats what i'd be tempted to do

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
The problem with pd engines is the hydraulic lifters don't tend to stick they tend to go weak, wear in the centre and flatten the top of the valve stems which eventually causes a misfire on the effected cylinder.

Best to get them replaced along with a cam and shells sooner rather than later.

8owdy

The problem with pd engines is the hydraulic lifters don't tend to stick they tend to go weak, wear in the centre and flatten the top of the valve stems which eventually causes a misfire on the effected cylinder.

Best to get them replaced along with a cam and shells sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE

how much could this cost?

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
£750 without a belt kit or £1000 with.

We replace:

The cam
Shells
Lifters
Belt
Tensioner
Idler roller
Water pump
Coolant
Oil
Filter
Sump plug
Any seals which need doing.

We also tend to remove the EGR, ASV and manifold so they can be acid bathed and cleaned.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.