Recall Notice TDI engine

BGeeves

Apr 16, 2004
Had a call from stealer yesterday, the earliest they can do it is 5th April :-o this is due to the amount they have to do.

So it looks like I'll be waiting, seeing if my car will crack and leak diesel everywhere :(

seat130fr

whoa,we're going to ibiza
Aug 8, 2004
st. helens, merseyside
just a quick question, but by having these tandem fuel pump bolts replaced, will it in any way need ecu re-programming or anything..... just wonderin whether it#'ll affect revo or not. i guess it wont as its just replacing of bolts but then again it takes over an hour to replace some bloody bolts!!!!

anyone got pics of these so called bolts?

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
Leaking Fuel!

i must be leaking fuel from the tandem pump bolts
i only got 47 mpgs down the m54 this afternoon! (or was it down to a heavier right foot?)

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Can't find anything on the net, the ibiza I am getting is an May 05 PD 130. Whats the fault and will it be affected?

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
Whats the fault
Incorrect attachment bolts used on the fuel pump, resulting in a fuel leak.

will it be affected
Depends when your car was built, rather than when it was registered. It is entirely possible that yours was built many months before it was registered, but I'd be surprised if it hasn't already had the recall done by now - this recall is very old news! ;)

It's nothing to worry about. Diesel fuel isn't much of a fire hazard like petrol - it's more of a problem for motorcyclists behind you! The recall is free (obviously) and only takes a day for a dealer to do. Just go and ask a dealer to check whether yours has been done - they should have a database of which cars have been done.

andy43

Jul 13, 2006
Can't find anything on the net, the ibiza I am getting is an May 05 PD 130. Whats the fault and will it be affected?

18/02/2005 R/2004/212 SEAT IBIZA,CORDOBA, ALTEA TOLEDO, ,LEON TOLEDO AND ALHAMBRA (WITH 2 VALVE INJECTOR ENGINE) bolts of the tandem fuel pump cover may break 01/03/2004 31/08/2004

As you see it is build dates between March 04 and August 04 as mentioned earlier in the thread, so you've nothing to worry about.

Check it out http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/search.asp

Last edited:

strugers1

i went down to my local dealer to purchase a supra r front bumper for my 130 se tdi soon to be 180 by the nice revo boys and luckily an x of mine works down there hidsons in rainham kent have all diesel pump bolts waiting and i taking mine in next week and they do it while i wait!!i was told that if you tell them you need the car that day cant lose it for any longer they will get the car in first thing and do it while you wait

jamesy

JMM
Nov 5, 2006
portsmouth (waterlooville)
i've just brought a 54 plate 130 se tdi, first registered september 2004, delivery inspection was august 2004 i think,
i can't find anything on the link so if somebody could tell me what the problem is and the dates affected
many thanks
james

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.