1 - 3 gears on FR Tdi issue

Deleted member 7040

Hi all,

Ive had my Ibiza FR 130PD for 9 months, done 12k, all fine except this noise when changing gear between 1 and 3. It sounds like the clutch engaging and disengaging and feels quite lumpy. I took into a Seat garage, recongised problem, gearbox oil has been modified since i bought my one so they swapped it, said do 200 miles if still there then come back. The noise was worse, so i took it back, and then was told theres nothing wrong. Since ive had the gearbox oil changed the clutch sometimes (rarely) snaps so hard the whole car jolts this only happens on changing from 2nd to 3rd gear.

Any help would be really useful

Thanks

Deleted member 7040

Personally dont know but they said they would change that first then see what happens. The noise only ever occurs when changing gear, i.e. pressing and releasing the clutch so im presuming its that. The problem is now they are fobbing me off saying there is nothing wrong!

S14A

Oct 24, 2005
South Wales
I get this too the clutch when pressed makes a little click and feels lumpy when car is cold but goes as soon as car has warmed up??

anyone know what this is or can help out? I have an uprated Sach organic clutch!

Triple D

S14A said:
I get this too the clutch when pressed makes a little click and feels lumpy when car is cold but goes as soon as car has warmed up??

anyone know what this is or can help out? I have an uprated Sach organic clutch!
Its sachs, not got a clue to why it should do that though.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.