LCR gone

265bhp

:cry:

Daer All,

Just about to change my o5 lcr for a new leon tdi so the wife can drive it. Anybody have good feedback on the new leon.

Steve

Newcastle

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site
Spanky said:
Apart from all the black sh*t coming out of the back... ;)

Sorry couldn't resist !!

On the subject of smoke, which ive only really discovered recently, a properly tuned diesel wont smoke anymore than stock, ive seen a 213bhp one and i couldnt believe my eyes....... Only one company so far ive seen that can do it...

265bhp

To put the wife on the LCR would have put my insurance up to around £3500 because she has a provisional licence. Order is in place with the new body kit very nice

prc

Sooty Meister
micky 32 said:
On the subject of smoke, which ive only really discovered recently, a properly tuned diesel wont smoke anymore than stock, ive seen a 213bhp one and i couldnt believe my eyes....... Only one company so far ive seen that can do it...

Get it on a RR with the RR drag cranked up and see if it's not running lean...;)

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
micky 32 said:

Not Revo for sure!!! Mine smokes like a biatch!

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
:redface:

Still its as Cheap as chips to run and insure, and helps me save up for a proper big boy car! ;)

Possibly an exige :D. Gotta do it before i get sensible ;)

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
is'nt the smoke part of the atraction. I have been gutted cos mine does'nt smoke much at all.

" Hello REVo, give me more smoke"

prc

Sooty Meister
It could be.
I've seen a couple of maps that do not smoke, but both run lean. On a RR with the load cranked up, you'll see the water temp start rising big time. Remember that the xtra fuel will also help keep the pistons cool.
This doesn't mean that the map you've seen is running lean.

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site
prc said:
It could be.
I've seen a couple of maps that do not smoke, but both run lean. On a RR with the load cranked up, you'll see the water temp start rising big time. Remember that the xtra fuel will also help keep the pistons cool.
This doesn't mean that the map you've seen is running lean.

Its all confusing, i thought that was only a problem on petrol guzzlers:p but ive also heard the opposite that if its smokey you have higher EGTs:blink:

prc

Sooty Meister
It really depends on when it's being injected. If you start injecting large amounts of fuel without change the start of injection you might get into problems with higher EGT's. actually if you do much of that, you'll get turbine meltdown...:cry:

you can get lean situations on the diesel's but they won't go POP nearly as fast as the petrols.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members