Leon TDI Service Problem

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
Hi, bought my car in January where the stealers were supposed to give it its 20k full service. Just found out now they only gave it a 10k interim. They have offered to have it back to do the upgrade but its a 70 mile round trip.

Does anyone know exactly what needs to be done, it maybe worth my while doing it myself. Cheers

Danny_FR

Soot? Meh...
Mar 1, 2007
Blackburn, Lancs
Personally I'd take it somewhere local and either pay for it yourself and claim the money back from the dealer or just let the garage who's servicing it for you, send the bill directly to the dealer. All with prior agreement with whoever sold you the car though! If they're not prepared to do that, your only other option is to go on a road trip. It's easy enough to do yourself but don't give anyone any reason to void the warranty!

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Personally I'd take it somewhere local and either pay for it yourself and claim the money back from the dealer or just let the garage who's servicing it for you, send the bill directly to the dealer. All with prior agreement with whoever sold you the car though! If they're not prepared to do that, your only other option is to go on a road trip. It's easy enough to do yourself but don't give anyone any reason to void the warranty!

Seconded. Couldn't have put it better myself. On such a low mileage car I wouldn't want the risk of not having it done properly, so whatever you do, make sure the correct service is carried out.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Typical dealer... they are more interested in making as much money as possible with as little expenditure as possible, so will do the bare minimum if they think they can get away with it.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Have you got the service book that should have come with the manual? I'm sure that the first few pages of the book - the same book that is stamped when serviced - lists everything that should be changed or checked at each service.

If you can't find it, let me know as I'm fairly confident mine has this info listed.