Daniel M's FR PD170 - Fixed 24.07.2017

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Hi Dan , any update?

Hi mate, not at the moment unfortunately.

Keep changing my mind on what I want to do with it. I will be a couple of months before anythings sorted I'm afraid. I'm also waiting to find out if I'm getting a promotion at work which should mean I get a car.

On another note

Gave the old girl a good detail yesterday. Took about 5 hours but well worth it.

Before

Afters

Not Seat related but also sorted through my photos from F1 testing in Barcelona back in March. Here's a few tasters.

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
After having issues with the FR the last few weeks due to the below fault codes, I'm happy to say it's sorted.

1 Fault Found:
008215 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1)
P2017 - 006 - Short to Plus - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 11100001
Fault Priority: 5
Fault Frequency: 11
Reset counter: 40
Mileage: 185564 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 21:22:55

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 2304 /min
Torque: 184.0 Nm
Speed: 0.0 km/h
Mass Air / Rev.: 0.0 mg/str
Mass Air / Rev.: 0.0 mg/str
Lambda: -33

Turned out to be two things wrong. First was the inlet manifold actuator had failed and secondly the ASV/throttle body had failed also.

Hl42Zcc.jpg

ebTuQAH.jpg

Cars running very well indeed. Not sure if it's the placebo effect but it feels better than ever.

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Been a while since I updated this....

Car is still in my ownership although almost back to standard apart from the H&R’s.

I’ve just got an Audi S3 so the Leon is being used as a run about at the moment.

I have a few other little bits to sell off it but after that it will be sold so I can make way for an estate car. Hopefully a 335d.

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Which s3 did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a 2003 S3 with the BAM engine, always wanted one. It’s only a temporary thing until I sell the Leon (The FR has a few issues at the moment) although I may keep the S3 and have it as a weekend toy.

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Been a long time since I updated this.

The Leon has since left my ownership an has been replaced by an Audi A4 Avant which is my daily and the S3 is still sitting pretty on the drive.

I was sad to see the Leon go as it was a very good reliable car for 5 years. The last year or so has been up an down reliability wise, however I can’t complain about the car really as it owed me nothing.