Insurance & Mods

wrightman

Hi

Bit of a stupid question really, but its that dreaded time of the year when the insurance is due....:crash:

On filling out the numerous forms online, some companies are asking about any mods to the car... and only having changed the rear wiper to the Fabia one is this worth mentioning? :confused:

Do you guys mention this when applying or am i just being a bit too picky...

Cheers

Si

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
That's a bit too picky really. If in doubt, phone them and ask as every company has it's own ideas, but to be honest, that's not really anything worth mentioning.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Yes, I don't think it's worth the hassle of mentioning that.

You're just going to have to accept that if you get tail-ended and your wiper is damaged, they'll be fitting a standard one back on. ;)

name__taken

... Narrp?
Jan 11, 2006
Cambridge UK
www.soundclick.com
Definitely tell them, non standard rear wipers cause accidents... You're driving along in the rain, the guy behind you notices your "aftermarket" wiper, wants a closer look... you have to brake suddenly - before you know it you've got a mutli-car pile up and your car's a write-off :p

wrightman

Lol cheers lads...

I told you I thought it was picky...

I dont think I'll bother then !!!!

Si

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Definitely tell them, non standard rear wipers cause accidents... You're driving along in the rain, the guy behind you notices your "aftermarket" wiper, wants a closer look... you have to brake suddenly - before you know it you've got a mutli-car pile up and your car's a write-off :p

:lol:

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
Given that a Fabia rear wiper adds AT LEAST 20bhp you should really declare it.

But if you're willing to take that risk...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise