Mark's mk3 Ibiza, mk5 Ibiza mk2 Leon FR - NEW CUPRA 300 Ordered

daz_cymru

Leon Divotee
Jul 13, 2008
north wales
nice car mate ....youve done a good job modding it :)

also have you thought of coding your door handles and the bumper strip on the back bumper...just a suggestion :D

Last edited:

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
I'm cautious with the colour coding as getting a good match for Flash Red is pretty hard, and it tends to look orangey for a while.

Door handles are something I might get round to eventually, but I'm keeping the bump strips black, breaks up the red a bit.

Pretty happy with how she looks now. She's now sitting on Cupra suspension so handles much better and no longer looks like a Jeep.

Will get some pics up next weekend possibly. Need to find time to wash her.

Not much else I can do to it now really. Pretty happy with how it looks now and as there's not much I can do performance wise I'm gonna start saving for a mk2 Leon.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Taken a while for me to update this,

Here is my car, with the Super T's fitted on standard suspension
IMG_3303.jpg

And heres a pic from the last meet I was at, with the Cupra suspension fitted
IMG_9711.jpg

Thanks to Marc_4 for taking the pic

So it definetly looks and handles a lot better now.

Also have some LED sidelights i need to fit, and will probably get some Philips bluevision bulbs or something to match

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
I thought about coilovers but then I found some low mileage (45000) cupra suspension so I bought them and put them in.

Its not that low but i think when viewed side on it sits well on the super T's, Only thing is the front is higher than the back cos the 1.4 engine weighs about as much as a shoebox!

Deleted member 35176

My bog standard 1.4 Chill looks awful compared to yours, great job, I want to pick up a set of those rims they are sweet. Just need to finish college and get some money before i can really start adding stuff!!

Good job!

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Time for a little update, cars not really looking it's best anymore after getting a litte too cosy with a hedge

Good news is she's in the bodyshop at the moment awaiting a new bumper! Should be back on the road in a week.

Last edited:

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Just a bit lol!

Was toying with the idea of going down the cupra style route! But it was gonna cost too much - couldn't get any second hand cupra parts.

So im just gonna put her back the way she was with the modified standard bumper, keep her for a year or so till I have a bit of money from my placement job and probably change her for a mk5

Managed to geta bumper from another red Ibiza so no need for spraying

And the LCR splitter survived! So thats £20 saved!

Last edited:

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
ouch mate thats not good sorry to see it like that

how easy is it to take the bottom bumper strip orr that you sprayed up? and wash it flash red that you used?

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Will have the car back at the end of the week!.
Not having it has made me realise how good a car it is and im really looking forward to getting it back. Since the accident I've been driving my mums Clio and my brothers Fiesta, and it's made me reaslise how much better the Ibiza is compared to both those cars which are a similar age (Clio 2003, Fiesta 2000)

Just little things like the driving position, it beats the Clio by as mile, also the way the interior light comes on when you take you keys out of the ignition. Neither the Clio of Fiesta do that, there loads more minor little things that I can't think of right now, and although these are just minor niggles, they make the Ibiza stand out as such a better car!

While I'm very greatfull for my mum and brother letting my use their cars, I just cant wait to get mine back.

Before the accident my enthusiasm for the car was beginning to fade and I was hoping to change it, but the plan now is to keep it for another year, by then I'll have started my placement with Microsoft and will have some money to upgrade to a Leon or a mk5 Ibiza.

:lol: It appears absence does make the heart grow fonder!

So when I get it back, I've planned a few mods!
  • A thorough clean polish and wax
  • Colour code the bottom of the bumper and put in the mesh like before
  • Add the salvaged LCR splitter
  • Fit cupra spoiler and grille (thanks Hooch)
  • Sand down and paint the interior door handles black
  • Gas bonnet lifters
  • Fit an amplifier
  • Stubby aerial
  • Better brakes

They're in no particular order, and I'll keep track of the progress in this thread!

Last edited:

Deleted member 35176

Thats gutting, glad you will be gettin it basck soon, Im drivin my mums new 1.4 sporting punto (2008) and i preffer my ibiza. Look forward to seeing these new mods! You not thinking of putting a new exhaust system on?

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Not too bothered about an exhaust system to be honest, thought about it last year, then I needed a new exhaust quickly before the MOT so I just got a new standard one.

Additionally I'm still unsure how long I'm going to keep it for. Nothing to do with the accident, but after 2 years of ownership I'm getting a litte bored with it. So I might scale back on the mods. Having said that, everyday I change my mind about what to do.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Got the car back today.

Good as new!!!

Will get some pics up tomorrow. Nothing special lol, It currently looks like it did on page 1 minus the foglights so I guess it actually looks worse.

Thankfully the foglight are sitting on the kitchen table, Going to fit them tomorrow and give it a full wash polish and wax weather permitting!

On another note I test drove a new Leon Stylance 1.9 - very impressed, lots of kit on them as standard. So will probably buy one in a few months once I've got my new Job!

Having said that, I'm going to plough on making the car look like it did before I crashed it.

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
good to see that you've got your car back on the road!! make sure you try and keep it on the road this time though, should be good to see some pics up when you've taken them!!

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
So here it is:

DSC00095.jpg

Back to the way it was when I bought it :(

Only original parts on the front are the nearside headlight and the middle bit of the grille.

But fear not. Im going to get some flash red paint today, colour code the bottom, cut out the little sections and add some mesh, like before.

Rest of the Cupra grille should be in the post! (Along with a Cupra spoiler)

And the foglights are on the kitchen table, so I better get cracking!

Silver1.6-Sport

Dec 17, 2008
a least you got it back dude!! pleas!!!!!!! take some pics when you cut it as i want so see how you do it as i mite do it to mine if i dot fit a cupra bumper but as they are like rocking horse poo and its not a cupra i think i will just do what your doing ! :thumbup:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.