Chino's Ibiza FR 20VT - 7.5 years on...

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire

Well I didn't need new speakers in the end....the wiring had got damp, crispy and was earthing out. New wiring and its sounding awesome on my trusty old Alpine components again :)

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
The last week or so the car has developed that distinctive front end lurch when turning or taking bends that usually signals movement in the lower control arms. Due to the rest of the car being setup rather 'stiff' (to say the least), this makes it somewhat tail happy. It's not full on stepped out on me yet, but it has caused some minor countersteer/power down moments to correct. Anyway, obviously not wanting to be driving like this much longer I have just received these:

I opted for Superpro, not only because they will match to the rear beam bushes, but they are polyurethane encased in a metal sleeve, which the competitors do not offer. I imagine this will give them the edge in performance/longevity:

I think this is the first time I've know of someone actually killing a set of Ibiza Cupra lower console bushes, which is novel. I'll be getting these installed in the next week or so, after which I'll hopefully be solidly sticking to the roads again :)

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
I think I must be reverting to my early twenties or something... Someone has finally started producing a proper Induction Kit, as opposed to just universal cones for DIY fit, to the BJX format of 20VT engines. So..I decided to try one ;)

Comes with a heatshield and fittings so will look a littlel ike this (my engine doesn't have the covers on etc.):

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Right, Ramair is on, makes cleaning the filter a lot easier, now I don't have to take the strut brace off to do so. I'm quite enjoying making lots of childish choo-choo noises with the DV etc too hah my engine bay needs a clean and my forge oil filler cap needs to go back on, but here it is:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.