Chino's Ibiza FR 20VT - 7.5 years on...

Aimez

Is it camo thou it looks form the pic like holes cut in the black showing the red roof through or reg stuck on over the black. Or is there other shades I cannot see. I was thinking more like in the pic I posted. Don't get me wrong I think it is unique and quite cool.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Went and picked this little lot up on a bit of a flying visit to Awesome on my lunchbreak:

071020091102.jpg

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Looking good Chino!

Don't suppose you could confirm if the PCB for the LiquidGauge is rectangular or circular, could you?

And which connection do you have on the back - is it an ethernet type socket?
Thank you!

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
On mine it's Circular mate, I got the one with the Vent mount kit. The port on the PCK is a Serial port, it comes with a short serial cable that is Male-Female, which then connects it to the cable which connects up to the interface port on the car.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Thanks mate. I've been talking to Jim (guy who makes these) as I'm trying to mount one in a custom location - seems that the boards come in a couple of shapes, with different connectors too, and I want this to be as thin as possible (shallow) to fit in the location.

I think the D-type serial connector is too big though - trying to work out if it is easy enough to remove from the board and replace with direct cable.
Thanks!

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
I saw andy with this in his hands at dinner.
great mod.

is it fitted yet ?

Lol yeah he was telling the other John (I think it;s John), that he needed one!

Had to hot-foot back to the office otherwise I would have stuck around and come found you mate. I've not fitted it yet, looking like it's one of my Saturday afternoon jobs for this coming weekend ;)

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Yesterday I found the source of my Secondary Air Pump fault code...a split hose:

101020091103.jpg

This was soon fixed with some funky red Forge Vac hosing that I had in the shed.

I also fitted my Liquid:

101020091105.jpg

101020091106.jpg

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Direct from Forge, done me a prety good deal, should all be here tomorrow hopefully. FMIC is coming from Sere, that's going to be around the middle of next week methinks. Stage 2 APR map down at Awesome once all that's been fitted.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
sounds good mate im sure it will fly then . john on sales just got the same as you now. 1.8t fr

nice car

Yeah, he's got a red one as well hasn't he? No doubt I'll be in for a remap soon after I've got the 'cooler on...just trying to figure out what sort of impact stage 2 will have upon my mpg.

Sounds good then that is what I want to do but gonna have to wait until next year now.

Yeah not the cheapest of mods...I've just got a little payout for something I've been waiting ages for so thought I'd get it whilst I could!

Should be lots of exciting boxes delivered to my office over the next few days :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.