joe's toledo mk2

daspeedfreek

Feb 22, 2012
north devon
hia mate I cant remember exactly the spacings for the clips on the skirts, but I used a guide someone put on here, I think there is a clip right in the middle and every other clip is 300mm centers off the center, the two end clips are 350mm centers from the others (I think) best thing to do is messure the center of the mounting points on the skirt itself to make sure hope that's clear. the part that I know is correct is the hight of the clips on the sill if you look at the clips they have a step in them with a definitive line that line sits 4mm below the line on the sill where the texture of the paint changes (the bobbly stuff) apart from that I used 4mm rivits to fix the clips. (warning) be careful when drilling the sills I snaped a bit and ran the rest of the drill bit up my passenger door !!! as luck would have it the car was wrapped and it took the brunt without damaging the paint take ya time.

Cheers for the info. Will look into it with a bit more detail when i get the skirts back from paint.

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
guess who back?

tomorrow I get the chance for the first time in over a year to drive my car. whoop

I have the feeling that its going to feel really quick after driving a 1.9 non turbo diesel van for the whole time

yes I am going to find some long straight roads out of the way of plod speed bumps and gatso's

yes I am going to break the speed limits

I never thought I would miss driving her like I have and I think after a year she deserves some t.l.c. and some new toys!

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
wow I fell in love again today.

jumped the tolly from the van this morning cranked over first time in a year

drove down to the local jet wash and blew the muck off

then spent the next two hours waiting for the AA to come and put a new battery on so I could take her for a spin

£102 for new battery worth every penny for the fun factor. what a machine:)

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
Nice work on the car mate!!

How comes it was off the road for a year?

I was made redundant from my job as a plumber with the company I was working for last year, just as my daughter turned 8 weeks old so I decided to become self employed and running the car as well as the van I needed to buy for getting to and from jobs was going to cost to much as income was low when setting up.
I never intended to sell the car so it sat on my drive for the year until now. finances picked up and I get my play thing back:)

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
I was made redundant from my job as a plumber with the company I was working for last year, just as my daughter turned 8 weeks old so I decided to become self employed and running the car as well as the van I needed to buy for getting to and from jobs was going to cost to much as income was low when setting up.
I never intended to sell the car so it sat on my drive for the year until now. finances picked up and I get my play thing back:)

Glad your back on your feet mate. I'm a sparky so know how bad it's been

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
top tip

hi all can I run a 3" forge map sensor tube with the standard sensor on my k03s if I have the tip to accommodate the pipe sizes, would it through out the readings?

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
busy couple of days with the car this week, had it in the garage Wednesday and got the ride height raised and levelled out. also had the wheel alignment checked and adjusted, the car now drives a lot better than it did and feels so planted.
Thursday was mot day which it sailed through but later found out the brake switch needs doing.
also got the tow strap fitted after the bolt came back from being done on the lathe.
happy days.

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
right iv decided to murder the Toledo!

the plan is to wrap it matt black but leave the roof and wing mirrors in carbon
re-do the B pillars in carbon as well as the spoiler.
fly eye the lights on the front
not sure what to do with the rears at the moment
red accents as in callipers / tow strap to stay
also in need of a new windscreen as it got a stone chip quite large in it today and looks a mess.

ordered some vac hoses to redo the n249 bypass (again) this time the plate with all the gubbins is going in the bin along with the sai and possibly the evap.

Last edited:

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Noooooo! :cry:

Why would you cover one of the best coloured Toledos going? This colour is getting harder and harder to find original panels for and looks the business, if it was already black, or red, or faded patchy yellow I'd say go for it but don't hide that wonderful grey :cry:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.