Power steering pump calibration???

Jamesenty

Sep 5, 2016
Bought and fitted a new power steering pump but it's not working quite right, spoke to a friend and he said it may need to be taught to my ecu for it to work properly, is this true or should I just be able to swap it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamesenty

Sep 5, 2016
I have the same problem, did you find out how to do it?

Thanks

I have got the pump working but it took some work, the diagnostics mechanic said the pump i bought wasn't the correct one the letter on the end of the part number was a b and not a c, apparently this made all the difference, anyway the pump was looking for a steering rack positioning sensor that my car doesn't have and there was no way of bypassing it with the software in the pump, so they had to download different software from a vw for it to over ride that sensor and stop all errors, it has been fine since! But from what I gather even if you buy a brand new pump(I bought second hand) then you would still have to get it coded to your ecu for it to work correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luna fr

Nov 11, 2008
Macclesfield
Thanks for the reply. I bought a second hand one, the codes (a b c) at the end is correct but as you say it still needs coding