AZD Engine Coolant Temp Sensor HELP!!!

Scottyleon

Hey,

Has anyone with an AZD engine changed the coolant temp sensor?

If so can you please help me in guiding me to where it is located?

I cannot find the damn thing [:@], also if you need to remove the engine cover can you also please advise how to do this also:)

Cheers much appreciated.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
As far as I can tell from the diagrams, it is in the thermostat housing, which is a separate manifold attached to the end of the block, where all the coolant pipework comes together. The radiator top and bottom hoses are both attached to this, as is the heater matrix feed and return, the header tank and the water pump.

Scottyleon

Still need help with this.

Is the thermostat housing the huge diamater hose between the engine and battery? Where many hoses come together?

Thanks

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Scottyleon wrote

Is the thermostat housing the huge diamater hose between the engine and battery? Where many hoses come together?

That sounds right, but I dont have an AZD to look at. Can you get a picture for us to look at?

If this Huge Diameter Hose thing is metal, it is what I'm describing as a manifold (for want of a better word). The thermostat is inside it, so not visible. but the temperature sensor should have an electrical connector and some wires going to it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.