New Cupra 300 owner - West Mids

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Welcome Matt, you’ll find a silly grin on your face every time you drive your 300 I suspect (or is that just me? )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Do you know what the break in mileage is for the engine?

I think the sensible distance everyone seems to stick to is 1000 miles. However the salesman I got my 280 from said I could "drive it like I stole it!" straight out of the box. I didn't however, too worried about doing any damage
One thing I will say though is that there seemed to be a magic switch when I hit 10k miles as the car suddenly felt even more willing to rev cleanly to the red line, and the fuel economy also improved significantly. This was even more pronounced when I started using super unleaded (Tesco M99 mainly) for every tank instead of every 4th or so.

Since getting my 300, I've run that on super all the time and at nearly 7k it's really starting to sing nicely ;)

Gunslinger300

Oct 12, 2017
Glasgow
Yeah I would want to run it in for 1k minimum. I’m currently at 250 miles on the clock.

That’s interesting what you say about MPG mines is guzzling fuel atm but I’ve only been putting in ASDA’s finest 95 RON.

Might start using a higher RON when I’m at the petrol station.

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
I’ve found the slightly higher price you pay is more than offset by the increased economy and performance. My last tank was BP ultimate and I’ve got the most miles out of this tank by quite a bit. But it cost me £1.33/litre so it will be a treat rather than the norm

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
On this tank I’ve got nearly 350 miles and it’s not empty yet. I use the fuelly app to keep an eye on my economy and I’m averaging 30mpg on a 50:50 mix of town and B roads

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Filled up yesterday- 362 miles on the tank giving 33mpg. I’m happy with that, particularly as it’s not all been sedate driving.

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
I filled up with M99, 49 litres @1.16/l. Apparently we have the cheapest fuel in the country around here

Bobbajob

Sep 25, 2017
Cheers for the welcome guys.

My on board computer is saying I am at 36 mpg so far. Coming up to 800 miles.

Calculated MPG
1st tank 33.3
2nd 35.4
3rd tank is looking even better so far.

I have a 30 mile commute each way to work, which is why the economy is good. With just the occasional blast in Cupra mode.

It is savagely quick when you boot it.

Gunslinger300

Oct 12, 2017
Glasgow
Cheers for the welcome guys.

My on board computer is saying I am at 36 mpg so far. Coming up to 800 miles.

Calculated MPG
1st tank 33.3
2nd 35.4
3rd tank is looking even better so far.

I have a 30 mile commute each way to work, which is why the economy is good. With just the occasional blast in Cupra mode.

It is savagely quick when you boot it.

Mines is starting to get a bit better although my commute can’t be helping I’m around 14 miles in start stop traffic.

I’ve configured the “personal” profile for comfort and eco which helps.

The thing is an animal in Cupra mode

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.