Options affecting Leon lead times

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
I ordered mine 24th August...

...Does anyone know on here about the digital dash? Do cars built beyond a certain Build week come with it as standard? I can't see it on the configurator but I'd definitely like it. Thought I'd try you guys before I asked Seat UK..

If the car was built after the build week it was introduced, it should come with it.
From week 2 onwards with regards to build.
It isn't as simple as 'every car built from week 2'...

Digital Cockpit is standard on all CUPRA ordered from 20th November 2017 that are built from January 2018 onward. Your car was ordered in August, so don't assume it will have it, and certainly don't take opinions on a forum as gospel. Speak to your dealer, or to SEAT UK for confirmation.

Dyno2012

Nov 4, 2017
I very recently spoke to my dealer and asked about the cockpit as my car was ordered on 7 Nov with build week of 22 Jan. He initially said I wouldn't get it and copied me the info he had received from Seat which stated that only orders from 20 Nov would get it I queried this as it was in the brochure when I ordered (just) and would have waited two weeks to order if I'd known. He came back to me after speaking to 'dealer support' who confirmed I would get the digital cockpit.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Hi

I have just joined after reading all the stories about delays with orders. Mine is very similar.

We ordered a Leon ST FR spec 1.4 with DSG on the mobility scheme around the 22nd July and was told that the car would be ready around the end of October. Mid October came and I rang the dealeship to enquire when it would be best to pick up. I was then told very sheepishly that it was not going to be built until week 51, this moved to week 3 then to week 8 then 9 and currently now as of yesterday week 10.
Back in October I had a bad experience with customer service after I asked why I had not been gien any indication from the dealership of these delays. It was escalated to the executive office and I thought that I had been given a good deal as they offered to put in our £249 advance payment. I now now that this is open to all who car is delayed.

The dealership has been a total loss will not give me any information and just try to fob me off. I did ring CS again yesteray who give me potential build week of week 10 and to ring back at the end of week 6 to get a confirmed date. She did say that we would get the illuminated door sills and Alexia. So I am still waiting. It looks like a 7 1/2 to 8 month wait. If I had know this at the begining I would have gone for a different make.

Did you order any options mate? You've been really messed around! You take the longest waiting crown away from me now!! 22 July and an unconfirmed build week of 10. If that doesn't change you'll be looking at an April delivery, a 9 month wait. What is the reason for the delay? Ask the dealer when the factory accepted the order.

Still hoping to get mine around the 10th Feb, I'll let you all know what it comes with and post some pictures when I do.

Spreasheet updated - HERE

Last edited:

saintsfan

Jan 17, 2018
No options, only the colour otherwise standard 1.4 DSG Leon ST . Ordered at the dealers around 22nd July ,so called only got to Seat Uk around 20th Aug. Latest from CS is possible build week 10 may change have to ring at the end of week 6 to find out. Losing the will to live now. Only been offered our £249 up front payment as a good will gesture. Dealership held back lots of info from us.

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
It isn't as simple as 'every car built from week 2'...

Digital Cockpit is standard on all CUPRA ordered from 20th November 2017 that are built from January 2018 onward. Your car was ordered in August, so don't assume it will have it, and certainly don't take opinions on a forum as gospel. Speak to your dealer, or to SEAT UK for confirmation.

Hi mate,
My car was originally ordered in October and accepted before the 20th of November.

I have had it confirmed that my Cupra will come with DC via my order number and is due to be built in week 5.

That is the only consistent advice I have been given from SEAT CS.

O8CmI

They confirmed via email on one occasion

https://imgur.com/a/O8CmI

Last edited:

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Next question, roof bars. Cheaper elsewhere then the dealership?
Very little in it, apparently (according to a customer last weekend)

SEAT sell Thule bars, which are available elsewhere, but buying from your dealership means getting the ones that fit perfectly rather than adjustable ones.

eBay is always worth a look as some dealerships have eBay shops and do better deals on there than over the counter.

Breinholm

Dec 27, 2017
All new SEAT are delivered from the factory with fitted carpet mats. Any dealership 'throwing them in free' is lying to you, and any dealership charging you for them is ripping you off.
Do you know if this only applies to SEAT in UK?
I am buying a Leon ST FR in Denmark and I am paying for floor mats.

There are the normal mats and an FR version. Both priced the same.

Am I being ripped off?

Last edited:

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Do you know if this only applies to SEAT in UK?
I don't, sorry. There are always differences in specification in different countries, so it's possible.

Last edited:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Roofracks.co.uk - bought thule bars and box from this website. Was cheapest at time.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

£300 for the bars, footpacks and the cycle carrier!! Is that about right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members