Group Buys

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
14. Group Buy permissions
Group Buys are only allowed in official forum sponsor sections when posted by official sponsors.

Groups Buys and Group Buy Feelers are prohibited from being posted by members without the express permission of a forum administrator and are only approved in very exceptional circumstances. Unauthorised Group Buys and Group Buy Feelers will be removed from the forum.

Does that mean only sponser can offer group buys and no member can organise them? Or does it mean that anyone can offer a group buy and/or feeler as long as they have a forum admins permission?

There seems to be two parts to this rule and i just want to make sure i understand it.

Ive run a GB before on here with a non forum sponser so i guess the latter part of my question is correct.

Thanks.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
1st section is to ensure that we don't get adverts spammed to all the forum sections.Sponsor related in reality.

2nd section explains that a group buy feeler/details has to be authorised via admin first for approval, and any posted will be removed if not applied/approved previously

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
GB's with non sponsors are something we may approve if it's introudcing a new product to the market or developing a new product that fills a gap in the market or improves on something already widely available.

They are also time limited, a month at most. We would expect that the company involved should take responsibility for the GB, and that they are at least a registered company.

We otherwise only see GB's as a load of extra work for the admins and moderators to deal with, and provide no great gain to the forum. Sponsors support SCN and keep it free for everyone to enjoy. GB's just tend to be a foot in the door for those companies that do not want to contribute.

Most folks say lets get a Group Buy going but take little responsibility for managing it properly, and expect it should be left to us to sort out.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
As ive run a GB before without any problems could i run another one please Z?

Had a response off THS which is interesting...

Last edited by a moderator:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Sorry Phil, but he's full of ****... we've not received emails that go unresponded - he's just giving you the same message that he's sent to other people (thus making us look bad)

A discount code is not a GB?

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Sorry Phil, but he's full of ****... we've not received emails that go unresponded - he's just giving you the same message that he's sent to other people (thus making us look bad)

A discount code is not a GB?

He did me an "SCN discount" of £4 on their LCR TIP but people who had emailed earlier than myself got £14 discount.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
No GB or discount code has been approved by us, we the admins are the management of SCN it's a privately owned and managed site but openly free for the public to use and enjoy.

Some businesses seem to confuse an SCN member's contact with them as some kind of official sanctioning.

The above messages illustrate perfectly how when we are left out of the loop regarding organising Group Buys it leads to confusion. We have had past experiences of people being ripped off by scammers, group buys that supply poor quality products which only comes to light months later.

The pet one we really hate is people taking advantage of the site and it's members to make a quick buck, people who claim to be organising a GB for members benefits, only for us to find out they were getting a commission for bringing business to the product provider.

Which is the reason we prefer sticking with our tried and trusted sponsors who have made a long term investment in the site, forum and it's members. They all make what we feel is a fair annual contribution which goes toward paying exclusively for SCN and it's upkeep and nobody profits from it or takes a wage including the admins and mods. We also pass some of the sites excess funds when possible to good and worthy charitable causes.

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Have you emailed me or Z?

Have you read our reasons?

OR have you just posted a new thread & are bitching because it was deleted?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.