**IMPORTANT** Exeo Pioneer Unit Issues

Northstander

Nov 30, 2016
Many thanks, I eventually found a similar amplifier on Amazon UK (I live in UK) and fitted tonight. Signal now excellent on FM channels especially the local stations and I now have AM channels, before I didn't even get static !! The previous amplifier must have been faulty when initially installed (I'm the second owner of car) and the previously owner must have been happy playing CD's or iPod.

Thanks again.
How easy is it to fit?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Northstander

Nov 30, 2016
Another question on this subjust when I select reverse the pioneer screen goes black like it should have a camera but nothing ever appears on the screen anyone else have this?

Northstander

Nov 30, 2016
Also just removed the battery to check the drain hole issue now the pioneer wants a password!!! Any ideas where I can find this?

JR_130

Mar 24, 2009
mine asks me to set a password if i remove the security panel, i figure there is not much point if the information in the link below is correct
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4442805&postcount=3

for the camera screen there is an option in the Pioneer settings to turn off the camera when you put it in reverse. (no point linking to a non-existent camera) this way the display does not change

Northstander

Nov 30, 2016
Cheers, I'm going to try the jail break tonight. Hope it works.

Madasadad

Jul 31, 2014
removal keys

Folks, what type of removal keys are needed for the pioneer head unit, Im going to install the stereo amplifier?

Northstander

Nov 30, 2016
Right well I finally had enough of the rubbish radio signal and lack of am/mw stations on the pioneer so I whipped out the radio and it looks like some sort of dual thing had already been fitted but it goes through some pioneer earth thing as well not sure if this is correct? Also now the radio won't slot back in correctly I wish I hadn't bothered now. Might just take it to huets in Brighton and get them to have a look. Also the celcus part didn't actually fit into the antenna slot on the pioneer radio.

Northstander

Nov 30, 2016
153375cca883643880bb59edd799133c.jpg

Northstander

Nov 30, 2016
08c105ed400190bc64a30df5ae843c63.jpg

And this is like the one already fitted but it goes through a little pioneer earth box as well.

JR_130

Mar 24, 2009
what piece does not fit exactly?
if it is the 2 blueish plugs, you can easily swap them over to the dual plug off your old amplifier.
the purple pieces slide out unsecuring the wires, you just need a small screwdriver to lever them out.

Northstander

Nov 30, 2016
Thanks they don't fit but the other end doesn't either I need a male not a female.

Northstander

Nov 30, 2016
Strangely I can now pick up talk sport and 5live maybe something was loose?

RichB

Jul 7, 2017
Weston, Stafford
I've just bought an Exeo with the Pioneer head unit. I've not had any issues with it switching itself off and on, but I have noticed that I get little to no sound out of the rear speakers even though the fader is set correctly. I saw someone mention this issue earlier in this thread, anyone know what the issue is?

Also, radio reception is poor so want to fit an antenna amplifier like one mentioned on here. Can someone tell me where these fit? Is it behind the dash or somewhere in the boot?

Cheers,
Rich

RichB

Jul 7, 2017
Weston, Stafford
Forgive my ignorance, what's a GLI? Are there special tools needed to remove the head unit?

I'm generally pleased with the pioneer, seems to be producing a decent sound out of the front. I think it just needs the rears working and possibly a sub in the rear side compartment.

I'd like DAB but my experience with car aerial hasn't been good. That was just a stick on dab aerial, not a decent shark fin.

Rich

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.