SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

tevaadarelsol

Sep 7, 2016
Be careful about unofficial updates. You may lose some functions after the update.

Those files are absolutely official updates, at least as official as the ones you sell -yes, you sell them, you ask for a payment to get them-.

I have checked trough DIFF those files against the ones you sell and they are identical. I only try to avoid people for wasting their money on something they can find for free, as I don't find ethical to enrich yourself with the work made by other people -SEAT in this case-.

None of the functions are lost, but in the case you loose the menu entry for some functions -not the function itself- you have a troubleshooting guide in the post to bring them again. There are a lot of users on that forum that have updated their systems without issues.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Those files are absolutely official updates, at least as official as the ones you sell -yes, you sell them, you ask for a payment to get them-.

I have checked trough DIFF those files against the ones you sell and they are identical. I only try to avoid people for spending money on somethig they can find for free, as I don't find ethical to enrich yourself with the work made by other people -SEAT in this case-.

None of the functions are lost, but in the case you loose the menu entry for some functions -not the function itself- you have a troubleshooting guide in the post to bring them again. There are a lot of users on that forum that have updated their systems without issues.

Enjoy.

I say again, firmware update is a service and not free!

If someone has cracked something inside it and share files, this is a violation. Here is the post of miceor: "Well, I put some updates that I found by chance to Mib1 and mib2"

By chance ?

This is a violation and try it for your own risk. The money you pay for update service not for just files. Did you check all contents in 1000s of files? You do not know update service is not someting related only with files. You can find all files but there is another point to perform update. Your SW version is saved in VW database. If you update it without dealer information and if you go to a dealer in the future for a fix or something else, SW version will not match with the database and you will get problem and probably out of warranty!

What you think? Is this windows? Please do not blame without knowledge. This is just a stuffed shirt behaviour.

tevaadarelsol

Sep 7, 2016
I say again, firmware update is a service and not free!

If someone has cracked something inside it and share files, this is a violation. Here is the post of miceor: "Well, I put some updates that I found by chance to Mib1 and mib2"

By chance ?

This is a violation and try it for your own risk. The money you pay for update service not for just files. Did you check all contents in 1000s of files? You do not know update service is not someting related only with files. You can find all files but there is another point to perform update. Your SW version is saved in VW database. If you update it without dealer information and if you go to a dealer in the future for a fix or something else, SW version will not match with the database and you will get problem and probably out of warranty!

What you think? Is this windows? Please do not blame without knowledge. This is just a stuffed shirt behaviour.

For sure, this sentence is a responsibility disclaimer from miceor, the same you can find when you install any software on your laptop. I would have done the same thing. He can't be responsible for the things other people do, the same way you're not responsible for what people do with the files you sell, or am I wrong and you are? If so, please accept all my apologies.

You share your point of view, I share mine. I only wrote this post for your information. Each one of you do know what you do, and must evaluate if they want to pay for something or have exactly the same thing for free. And of course, you must know that there are risks during the update. If you don't want to assume those risks, bring your car to an official dealer.

I don't put any kind of blame on you. Sorry if I have bothered you, it was not my intention. The only thig I say is that the same files you sell can be found for free. Anyone must evaluate also if there could be future fixes or something else that can affect to the warranty. Remeber, everybody do this under their own responsibility.

I have nothing to add, as I said, I only share this information.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
So what happens if you don't erase all faults at the end of the update?

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
I found a list of the fixes for the upgrade from 0425 to 0480 for the Mib1 5.8"

• After starting the engine is not read USB-drive.
• none of the media is not available in the MIB menu.
• After starting the engine when the radio MIB spontaneously switches to work from USB and playback is started via USB.
• It does not work contact layer multimedia display unit.
• Do not operate the voice commands of the navigation unit.
• MIB off, rebooted.
• MIB No sound and / or sound can not be adjusted.
• MIB is temporarily disabled and / or freezes when calculating the route or route guidance.
• The unit may hang:
a. when calculating a route in navigation mode;
b. mode active route guidance, if introduced a new item on the route;
c. when updating TMC (Traffic Information).

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walone View Post
Thanks for the quick response, the main reason I am asking is because I recently had my first service done (12months old) and mentioned that I was having a few problems with my Satnav system and asked them to check for software updates but they said there was no new updates!

Unfortunately dealers have limited information on softwares. What is your current SW version? I can say you if there is any update or not.

Thanks for reply, I have the Satnav High system with HDD (SSD?) the details are;
Device part number, 5F0035020A.
Hardware, H42.
Software, 0319.
Nav Database, V03959801NQ0122 ECE.

Cheers.

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walone View Post
Thanks for the quick response, the main reason I am asking is because I recently had my first service done (12months old) and mentioned that I was having a few problems with my Satnav system and asked them to check for software updates but they said there was no new updates!

Thanks for reply, I have the Satnav High system with HDD (SSD?) the details are;
Device part number, 5F0035020A.
Hardware, H42.
Software, 0319.
Nav Database, V03959801NQ0122 ECE.

Cheers.
There are two updates for your device. I can provide you these updates. Please send me a PM.

Regards.

Dacoo

For those who have MIB1 (5.8" screen) and MIB2 (6.5" screen) you can find the newest firmware on the spanish forum www[dot]clubseatleon[dot]net, specifically here (all credits to @miceor):

www[dot]clubseatleon[dot]net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=118140&start=600#p1928908

There you have the firmware files to update MIB1's up to 0480 and MIB2's up to 0346, the instructions to do it and the troubleshooting to clear an error code thrown away by the unit after the update.

Enjoy.

Thank you so soo sooo much! I will deffinately be trying this, will let you know how I get on!

Be careful about unofficial updates. You may lose some functions after the update.

Of course "ysfdncr" is going to warn everyone about "unofficial updates". This is the guy trying to make a quick buck out of everyone by charging you $64 a go! Sod that!!!
There is a difference between friendly advice (what this forum is designed for) and sales scare-mongoring (which he should keep off this space).

And to be fair, "ysfdncr" is ALSO supplying "unofficial updates", they aren't coming from Spain as suggested in his eBay advert, they are coming from a shared area website that is password protected. I can set up a spanish domain website, upload some files and charge people $64 too, but that isn't cool with me.

His eBay advert claims: "Firmware updates are dedicated and specialized only for reported VIN. It will never work on another car successfully. If you try to install same FW update to different VIN/Car, you are going to lose bluetooth, voice command, navigation and full link functions on that car."

Hmmm...

As a degree qualified engineer with over 10 years experience, to me this sounds like you are trying to scare people in to buying a new access every single time, when you can change the VIN code yourself... The last time I checked a vehicles VIN number does not prevent the "bluetooth, voice command, navigation and full link" from working.... Would you care to expand on this claim?

Reactions: hertssjc

Dacoo

For those who have MIB1 (5.8" screen) and MIB2 (6.5" screen) you can find the newest firmware on the spanish forum www[dot]clubseatleon[dot]net, specifically here (all credits to @miceor):

www[dot]clubseatleon[dot]net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=118140&start=600#p1928908

There you have the firmware files to update MIB1's up to 0480 and MIB2's up to 0346, the instructions to do it and the troubleshooting to clear an error code thrown away by the unit after the update.

Enjoy.

The guy that has provided these on clubseatleon is Spanish, does this update support an English language setting? I want to perform this update tomorrow, so if you could let me know asap that would be great thanks!

Ta!

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Thank you so soo sooo much! I will deffinately be trying this, will let you know how I get on!

Of course "ysfdncr" is going to warn everyone about "unofficial updates". This is the guy trying to make a quick buck out of everyone by charging you $64 a go! Sod that!!!
There is a difference between friendly advice (what this forum is designed for) and sales scare-mongoring (which he should keep off this space).

And to be fair, "ysfdncr" is ALSO supplying "unofficial updates", they aren't coming from Spain as suggested in his eBay advert, they are coming from a shared area website that is password protected. I can set up a spanish domain website, upload some files and charge people $64 too, but that isn't cool with me.

His eBay advert claims: "Firmware updates are dedicated and specialized only for reported VIN. It will never work on another car successfully. If you try to install same FW update to different VIN/Car, you are going to lose bluetooth, voice command, navigation and full link functions on that car."

Hmmm...

As a degree qualified engineer with over 10 years experience, to me this sounds like you are trying to scare people in to buying a new access every single time, when you can change the VIN code yourself... The last time I checked a vehicles VIN number does not prevent the "bluetooth, voice command, navigation and full link" from working.... Would you care to expand on this claim?
I say again, updates you perform without knowledge of a dealer or not processed over ODIS via GeKo account, will cause problems because it will not be saved in database and there will be missmatch if you take your car to dealer for another reason. That's why I need VIN of the car to change SW information in database with ODIS via GeKo access. The updates I provide are coming from official dealer in Barcelona. Download service maybe provided by another server but this does not change origin of the updates. I do not force anyone. Try it with your own risk. If you need something official pay for it, if not use unofficial way. It is your choice. If you do not care about your warranty and have lots of money to buy a new infotainment system, so go on. I warn MY 2013-2014 users especially with 5.8" MIB1 systems, your device can be bricked after the update.

Please stop posting reviews without knowledge. I do not have to clear every detail.

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA

Hmmm...

If you do not know what is VCRN, Swap, FEC and how they all work together, it does not matter how many years you are experienced. Please learn and come back later.

Last edited:

bifadonnet

Jan 7, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have downloaded that software update and installed it as instructed in spanish forum. Everything was going well but at the end of the update screen has gone. Nothing on screen. Only rear view camera works. No sound, no light. I looked into glovebox, and device is working. I can hear the sound of the cooler fan. Please I appreciate if someone can help me how to recover my infotainment :(

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Hello Everyone,

I have downloaded that software update and installed it as instructed in spanish forum. Everything was going well but at the end of the update screen has gone. Nothing on screen. Only rear view camera works. No sound, no light. I looked into glovebox, and device is working. I can hear the sound of the cooler fan. Please I appreciate if someone can help me how to recover my infotainment :(
Hello,

What is your car's model year? Do you remember software and hardware information before you install update?

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
The car's model year is 2013. I do not remember software and hardware information.
Unfortunately I cannot help you without SW and HW information but I can say that some SW and HW versions are not updateable. Go to a dealer and ask for assistance or buy a second hand head unit on ebay and replace it. But this time you will need to go to dealer again to remove component protection.

bifadonnet

Jan 7, 2017
Unfortunately I cannot help you without SW and HW information but I can say that some SW and HW versions are not updateable. Go to a dealer and ask for assistance or buy a second hand head unit on ebay and replace it. But this time you will need to go to dealer again to remove component protection.

Is there anyway to find hardware and software information which belongs to before the update ?

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Is there anyway to find hardware and software information which belongs to before the update ?
If you have any autoscan data taken by a diagnoistic tool before the update, you can find it there. Or go and ask dealer they can check it in database. I think there is not any other way to find it.

Last edited: