Seat exeo estate st rear wiper arm

ipswich208

Oct 5, 2014
Hi all I'm after a new rear wiper arm as old one has broken and seat want just fir the arm £34 is there any where else as not sure on eBay cheap copies etc any help would be great

JR_130

Mar 24, 2009
seems to be plenty on ebay.
or you could try local breakers, good chance the wiper arms from other VAG estates / hatchbacks will also fit, might be worth a try. :shrug:

Karmann_65

Sep 7, 2016
Just wondering if the OP found a decent replacement and where from.

My rear wiper arm has snapped off where it wraps around the splined shaft so a new one is needed. Are the ebay ones worth getting?

TIA

Karmann_65

Sep 7, 2016
Found these on ebay.....

Seat Exeo St 3R5 2009-2016 Metzger Wiper Arm Rear
£21.00
Comes with 12 months warranty
Free delivery nationwide
In stock

Being sold by GSF it gives me a little more confidence in its quality.

Karmann_65

Sep 7, 2016
ive got a used one I took off my car still good working condition free to a good home if you pay the postage:)

That's very kind thanks but I ordered the one from GSF last night. :doh:

If it's no good I'll be in touch and glad to pay postage.

Thanks again :)

Karmann_65

Sep 7, 2016
New wiper arm arrived quickly and initially looked to be an exact match for the original.

However, it appears there's one significant fault with the replacement part. The spring that pulls it onto the glass is not as strong as the original and left the blade only touching at the ends. Side by side you can see it's a thinner spring.

With a fair bit of struggling I managed to swap the spring over and everything is now good.

Wg3ESmAh.jpg

This is the original arm and spray nozzle cover with the broken clamp and weak spring.

nT0PifEh.jpg

The tapered metal insert for the clamp was seized onto the spindle and had to be very carefully cut off in sections with a hack saw. I tried a 3 claw puller but it was going to damage the spray nozzle before convincing the insert to release.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise