Options affecting Leon lead times

Zippy

Jul 4, 2017
I was told when I ordered that the 17" wheels were in short supply/not available so I'd be getting 18" at no extra cost. I have mentioned it on here before!

I have not idea which sort of 18" wheels they will be and TBH I hope the situation resolves it's self before the build mine as I'd prefer the 17" for ride comfort.

Ordered at the end of July and quoted 12-15 weeks delivery. ST FR 1.8 Tsi Dsg.

Last edited:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
I was told when I ordered that the 17" wheels were in short supply/not available so I'd be getting 18" at no extra cost. I have mentioned it on here before!

I have not idea which sort of 18" wheels they will be and TBH I hope the situation resolves it's self before the build mine as I'd prefer the 17" for ride comfort.

Ordered at the end of July and quoted 12-15 delivery. ST FR 1.8 Tsi Dsg.

Fair enough. I was never told that. I sort of hope I get the 18s, especially if it was the Performance Machined ones, 30/2 in the brochure.

I ordered end of June, proposed build week 43 but not confirmed. Expecting delivery early December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
There were a few guys on here who were told that their FR's were coming with the 18s on them......

I think that was for a couple of guys who had ordered the 125HP 1.4 engines, if you go to the seat car configurator and choose FR and the 125hp engine you will see for that car only the free option of the 18 inch wheels, NOT for the EcoTsi or 1.8TSI though, I kind of get the feeling that not many are ordering the lowest powered FR so they are adding some incentive to shift the engines before they refresh them all...... 1.5Tsi etc.

Zippy

Jul 4, 2017
Fair enough. I was never told that. I sort of hope I get the 18s, especially if it was the Performance Machined ones, 30/2 in the brochure.

I ordered end of June, proposed build week 43 but not confirmed. Expecting delivery early December.

I've just looked at the 18" 30/2 wheels and I agree they look very good, might have changed my mind about wanting 17" wheels!

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
18s are definitely the better option on the leon imo. Ride is comfortable too, definitely no complaints with mine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
So I was advised this morning by SEAT UK that they'd received info from my dealer that my car will be built week 39, which is week commencing 25 Sep. Touch and go whether it'll be here by the time the MOT expires on my current Leon.

Nothing from the dealer directly though... we will see what happens.

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
My build week is 38, next week. My dealer in August sayed i will have my car in week 39/last one week of September.

I dont received any call yet from my dealer, lets wait 2 weeks. I'm desesperaiting :(

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
I have to say, my dealer has been excellent in communicating with me. Not once have I had to call for an update. I get a fortnightly update, without fail, even if there is no update to give.

On the occasions I've had to email with a question they've got back to me same day.

Perrys SEAT, Aylesbury.

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
over 3 months

i ordered mine 184 dsg with sunroof and 18 inch wheels last week may was told last week it is week 39 build should receive car mid october

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
i ordered mine 184 dsg with sunroof and 18 inch wheels last week may was told last week it is week 39 build should receive car mid october

Damn by the time you get your hands on it that would be 5 months for a non EcoTsi, I am getting worried now! Was told 12 weeks from 18th July and dealer told me last week that it will be built next week...... probably!

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Damn by the time you get your hands on it that would be 5 months for a non EcoTsi, I am getting worried now! Was told 12 weeks from 18th July and dealer told me last week that it will be built next week...... probably!

Have you gone for an ECOTSI? If you have, I'd put good money on yours not being built next week. If it is then I want to know why mine isn't haha, bearing in mind I ordered early June.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.