Options affecting Leon lead times

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Sorry no mine is the 1.8TSI, but his is a diesel and is taking 5 months!

Ah I see. You should get yours before me then. I'm looking forward to it now. I was tempted to cancel the order but I've been shopping around for used cars and nothing takes my fancy! Nothing which is as affordable, with equal spec and styling. The styling of the Leon wins hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
Ok my Seat Leon 1.4 Eco - TSI 150cv FR, today is de week of the build. This final weeks to arrived is very frustating for me because of that i called to my dealer if he had any news, but it was in vacations and tomorrow gaves me something. He told the last week of September and the begin of october i have the car, let's hope.

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
So week 39 starts next week... My parents have an Ateca which just got built (different factory) but dealer told them mine was confirmed for week 39 now, at last.

Luke - your week 43 should be 'good' hopefully, my order was end of April, yours early June, so 4/5 weeks between orders.. 4/5 weeks between builds too all being well.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
I had a call yesterday to say I’m still showing a build week of Feb. Jealous of you lot getting them soon.

Hopefully that'll come forward Chris. Mine was anticipated to be around January. I'm hoping it doesn't slip back to that date.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
So week 39 starts next week... My parents have an Ateca which just got built (different factory) but dealer told them mine was confirmed for week 39 now, at last.

Luke - your week 43 should be 'good' hopefully, my order was end of April, yours early June, so 4/5 weeks between orders.. 4/5 weeks between builds too all being well.

Fingers crossed

exmgman

Nov 30, 2009
Long FR delivery!

Tried to order a 1.8FR 5 door today to be informed that the delivery had just increased by 8 weeks to 25 weeks. Mid February! Shortage of 17inch wheels apparently.
But the real issue is that currently Seat are offering £1000 loyalty bonus reduction for current Leon owners. The salesman at the dealer said he thought that the bonus would not be available if delivery is after the end of 2017! He is checking with his area manager.
So If this is the case then Seat are offering an incentive that cannot be honoured due to their extended delivery times. Surely this bonus should be applied at the point of order not on delivery.
I'll await his call with interest as this could be a deal breaker.

rmkvi

Jul 31, 2017
This is from outside UK (Baltics). I ordered a Leon ST 1.4 TSI 150PS Xcellence.

Order date: 26th July 2017
Dealer promised 3-4 months waiting time, but added that prolly 4 is realistic because of factory holidays for the whole month of August.
Non binding build week: Week 47 (can be pushed back or brought forward)

Told dealer about the long waiting time I've read from UK and German forums (recently one 1.4tsi order in Germany was quoted 6+ months waiting time) and dealer said they haven't received any information\complaints from SEAT about long production queues. So as far as they know, there isn't any delays to be expected with the production. I'm skeptical, so we'll see.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Tried to order a 1.8FR 5 door today to be informed that the delivery had just increased by 8 weeks to 25 weeks. Mid February! Shortage of 17inch wheels apparently.
But the real issue is that currently Seat are offering £1000 loyalty bonus reduction for current Leon owners. The salesman at the dealer said he thought that the bonus would not be available if delivery is after the end of 2017! He is checking with his area manager.
So If this is the case then Seat are offering an incentive that cannot be honoured due to their extended delivery times. Surely this bonus should be applied at the point of order not on delivery.
I'll await his call with interest as this could be a deal breaker.

I wouldn’t consider personally that a £1k bonus makes up for a 25 week wait, there were no issues pre-facelift for 17” alloys. In this day and age any more than 12/14 weeks for a factory order is just crazy, my current Leon took about 8. I’m looking to change my car in the new year and if these kind of times are still around then Seat will lose a Leon customer, quite like the new Ibiza or will jump ship to Audi or VW at least they have better wait times.

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
Well it looks like seat has lost another customer. Having just been told that my build week is the end of january, giving me the car sometime in late feb/march after originally being told mid november! I cant afford to be buggered about like that and so will probly cancel the order.

taaniel123

Jun 19, 2017
Estonia
This is from outside UK (Baltics). I ordered a Leon ST 1.4 TSI 150PS Xcellence.

Order date: 26th July 2017
Dealer promised 3-4 months waiting time, but added that prolly 4 is realistic because of factory holidays for the whole month of August.
Non binding build week: Week 47 (can be pushed back or brought forward)

Told dealer about the long waiting time I've read from UK and German forums (recently one 1.4tsi order in Germany was quoted 6+ months waiting time) and dealer said they haven't received any information\complaints from SEAT about long production queues. So as far as they know, there isn't any delays to be expected with the production. I'm skeptical, so we'll see.

I ordered mine (same specs, also baltics) on the 8th of July and been told the build week will likely be week 40. My dealer also said that they haven't heard anything about the delays, so I hope that the build week won't be pushed back but of course reading so many posts about the delays have made me skeptical. Let's hope for the best!

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Put in an order for a CUPRA 300 in August as advised by VW finance.
I was originally told I would receive my order in November to coincide with the return of my current lease.

Anyway there was a mixup meaning that the order wasn't placed and have now been told that I'll receive my number today.

So delivery is now expected by the end of January 2018.

Seriously annoyed.

When do the new features like virtual cockpit start being introduced?
If I have to wait until next year now, I wonder if I'm better off holding out for the new features?

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
Put in an order for a CUPRA 300 in August as advised by VW finance.
I was originally told I would receive my order in November to coincide with the return of my current lease.

Anyway there was a mixup meaning that the order wasn't placed and have now been told that I'll receive my number today.

So delivery is now expected by the end of January 2018.

Seriously annoyed.

When do the new features like virtual cockpit start being introduced?
If I have to wait until next year now, I wonder if I'm better off holding out for the new features?

I really dont understand whereabouts the expected delivery times are from.

As posted elsewhere on here I ordered the same as you in early July. Dealer said November delivery, but rang Seat to find build week to plan existing lease going back and they said unconfirmed build week 11 (March) of 2018. I think someone has a tombola and is just picking the orders from it.

Like yourself i am in the same boat and wondering when the new bits appear as if virtual cockpit is standard on the Cupra then i am happy (begrudgingly) to wait for it

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
This is crazy if it happens to me, I'll just cancel the deal or put some optionals / extras at a great discount from the dealer.

This is my last week build and my dealer still says nothing. With this history of waiting time im so sorry do not put keyless in my car. Oh well...

Last edited:

pavarotti1980

Jul 18, 2017
This is crazy if it happens to me, I'll just cancel the deal or put some optionals / extras at a great discount from the dealer.

This is my last week build and my dealer still says nothing. With this history of waiting time im so sorry do not put keyless in my car. Oh well...

Luckily mine is the standard with no options

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
My dealer call me today, bad news "His car delayed the production and wanted him to come to the stand, to explain and show even a system of the factory of SEAT, that same late."

Very disappointe, anyone know if in these situations the stand compensates or i can add some more options to the car?

Last edited:

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
My FR was due to be built last week as well and been told mid October delivery. Seems like ages since I ordered it- mid May!

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
Six mounths? How can you guys handle it?

Update: my week build delayed more 2 months, my dealer assured me would have it this week.

I will cancel my leon tomorrow this is insane.

Last edited:

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
6 months wait was ok with me as my cars 3 this month and last payment of loan is this month so works out ok. Seems like ages since it was ordered though!

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
I am car... less in 2 weeks, my last update from dealer 2 weeks ago said that the car would be built last week and will be with me by the middle of October, I am desperately hoping that this is fairly accurate and would be 12 weeks since ordered on 18th July, I am only hopeful because it's not a 1.4 EcoTsi, it will not have the stock 17 inch alloys nor the machined performance 18 inchers unless anyone knows of any specific holdups based on the fact that it's a 1.8Tsi FR 5 door hatch in Monsoon Grey with the 18 inch non machined alloys and the Alcantara pack.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members