Options affecting Leon lead times

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
I'm just about to put my order through for my new company car.

Seat Leon ST FR Tech with Convenience Pack and LED interior.

Was hoping to have the car by end of Jan 2018 but looking like it might be even further away :(

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
I'm just about to put my order through for my new company car.

Seat Leon ST FR Tech with Convenience Pack and LED interior.

Was hoping to have the car by end of Jan 2018 but looking like it might be even further away :(

According to Vanarama Cars (my wife is about to lease a Seat from them) the ST or SC is currently taking 6 weeks longer than the hatchback, if you are having the standard 17 inch FR wheels they seem to be a holdup too.

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
According to Vanarama Cars (my wife is about to lease a Seat from them) the ST or SC is currently taking 6 weeks longer than the hatchback, if you are having the standard 17 inch FR wheels they seem to be a holdup too.

Excellent, seems like i've hit the criteria for a nice lengthy delay.

1.4 ecoTSI - Check
17" Alloys - Check
ST Variant - Check

Doesn't really bother me too much as work will just extend the lease on my current car to cover. I'm just impatient and want my new car yesterday lol

flett

May 16, 2015
I am car... less in 2 weeks, my last update from dealer 2 weeks ago said that the car would be built last week and will be with me by the middle of October, I am desperately hoping that this is fairly accurate and would be 12 weeks since ordered on 18th July, I am only hopeful because it's not a 1.4 EcoTsi, it will not have the stock 17 inch alloys nor the machined performance 18 inchers unless anyone knows of any specific holdups based on the fact that it's a 1.8Tsi FR 5 door hatch in Monsoon Grey with the 18 inch non machined alloys and the Alcantara pack.

Dude you are doing better than me then. Ordered my 1.8 tsi DSG FR at start of July and not heard anything with regards to build week yet. I have 18" non machined alloys and convenience pack that's it. I was hoping that being a less popular engine choice it might come through more quickly :shrug:

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Dude you are doing better than me then. Ordered my 1.8 tsi DSG FR at start of July and not heard anything with regards to build week yet. I have 18" non machined alloys and convenience pack that's it. I was hoping that being a less popular engine choice it might come through more quickly :shrug:

In my experience hearing nothing does not mean it is not built already! It just means that some are crap at communication. I think in your case if there was any delays it could only be the DSG but that's me guessing.

Last edited:

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
My dealer call me today, bad news "His car delayed the production and wanted him to come to the stand, to explain and show even a system of the factory of SEAT, that same late."

Very disappointe, anyone know if in these situations the stand compensates or i can add some more options to the car?

That is crazy, did the dealer tell you why the order has been delayed so much?

Problem with car factories is they work on a 'just in time' basis. So you make an order, then later a week for build is scheduled. At that point the factory would order all parts needed, and if a supplier is out of stock, then the schedule slips. You would think it would make sense to have a supply of bits ready to go, but my guess is that things like seats, dashboard assemblies, wheels, sunroof kits are all made specifically for each order, rather than there being a warehouse with a pile of FR seats, or 17" wheels, etc.

There were problems in 2013 with sunroof cars being delayed, and no mudflaps (of all things). The current situation is insane though.

Blaze

Sep 26, 2017
I ordered a Leon 1.4 ecoTSI FR on 17s like 3 weeks ago, and when the dealer told me wait period is from 3 to 5 months I was kinda skeptical that it's really that long. But after reading through your posts I see that he was indeed correct :rolleyes:

First I was wishing a little that it would come after the winter, as I kinda wouldn't want to drive new car on those dirty roads. And after a week after ordering I just wanted to get it as soon as posible. Now I hope I can get it before my birthday in early april. I was not in contact with my dealer yet, but I plan to contact him soon to see if I have my build week yet. Kinda nervous now :rolleyes:

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
I ordered a Leon 1.4 ecoTSI FR on 17s like 3 weeks ago, and when the dealer told me wait period is from 3 to 5 months I was kinda skeptical that it's really that long. But after reading through your posts I see that he was indeed correct :rolleyes:

First I was wishing a little that it would come after the winter, as I kinda wouldn't want to drive new car on those dirty roads. And after a week after ordering I just wanted to get it as soon as posible. Now I hope I can get it before my birthday in early april. I was not in contact with my dealer yet, but I plan to contact him soon to see if I have my build week yet. Kinda nervous now :rolleyes:

Hi Blaze :wave:

In my case I got indication of build week about 4 weeks before, then confirmed build week two weeks before, think this was the point when all the parts were in place. My order was in the end of April, and this week the car should be built. That's 5 months, plus I think 2/3 weeks until actually getting it.

I'd say sit tight, until mid December, then maybe ask if any news. If there isn't, don't panic. Even a 5 month wait will mean you'll get the car end of March, just as the roads get cleaner, and in time for birthday hopefully :)

It is difficult waiting though ;) :whistle:

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
nearly here

dealer told me today car is now built and at the port waiting to be shipped so could be here in couple of weeks i assume , originally ordered last week may

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
Nearly here!

My dealer rang me last week to say my fr was built wc 18th and was waiting shipment. They are trying to get it for me before 9th October. Can't wait! Ordered it second week in May.

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
Can I ask which model/engine/options you have on it's way to you?
Hi, sure it's a Leon 5 door fr 1.4 150bhp DSG in monsoon grey, with advanced comfort and driving pack 1 (so will have the driving assistance pack and convenience pack plus with it). Also got 18" performance alloys 30/3 as the dealer said it would reduce the wait time. I downloaded a voucher to cover these.

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Hi, sure it's a Leon 5 door fr 1.4 150bhp DSG in monsoon grey, with advanced comfort and driving pack 1 (so will have the driving assistance pack and convenience pack plus with it). Also got 18" performance alloys 30/3 as the dealer said it would reduce the wait time. I downloaded a voucher to cover these.

Thanks, was hoping it was the Ecotsi otherwise I would have been sweating! I went for the 1.8Tsi with the same wheels as you and the Alcantara pack.

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
Thanks, was hoping it was the Ecotsi otherwise I would have been sweating! I went for the 1.8Tsi with the same wheels as you and the Alcantara pack.
You certainly need a lot of patience! Did think of cancelling due to the wait but still want the car and can't get an equivalent spec of car for the same price. Looked at golfs but would have had to get the gt for the same spec and that would have been at least £4K more.

d7lan

Oct 2, 2017
Hello all, new to the forum. I know there's a lot of delays surrounding the EcoTSI engine, but is anyone aware of delays to the 125bhp version?

I ordered an FR Technology 1.4 TSI 125 5dr in the 3rd week of June and I've heard nothing about build week as of yet. Even tried contacting Seat directly and they can't give any more info.

Annoying thing is the current car has to be handed back on 1st November so it looks like I'm going to be carless... when I first ordered the expected delivery date was noted as 6th November but it looks like it will be significantly later.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Who's your current car with? I spoke with vwfs and raised concerns about lengthy lead times for new seats. I was told vwfs would allow me to stay in current car until new car arrived if build was delayed.

d7lan

Oct 2, 2017
Current car is with RCI (Renault) who have politely, but firmly, said no. They said they'd happily extend if we bought another Renault though.

As it stands I'm close to cancelling and exploring other options for cars available on short notice. Can manage carless for a week or two, but not months.

robot1000

Oct 2, 2017
Hello all, new to the forum. I know there's a lot of delays surrounding the EcoTSI engine, but is anyone aware of delays to the 125bhp version?

I ordered an FR Technology 1.4 TSI 125 5dr in the 3rd week of June and I've heard nothing about build week as of yet. Even tried contacting Seat directly and they can't give any more info.

Annoying thing is the current car has to be handed back on 1st November so it looks like I'm going to be carless... when I first ordered the expected delivery date was noted as 6th November but it looks like it will be significantly later.

Yep delays across the board it seems

Ordered the 1.4 125BHP end of July and was informed a delivery date at beginning of December and I've now received an order pushing it back to 31 December 2017

That's over 6 months

What's even more frustrating is that I paid extra to get the 18inch alloys only because I was told it would result in a shorter wait time.

d7lan

Oct 2, 2017
Yep delays across the board it seems

Ordered the 1.4 125BHP end of July and was informed a delivery date at beginning of December and I've now received an order pushing it back to 31 December 2017

The frustrating thing is I've not been informed of *any* delivery dates yet

If they pulled their finger out and said "Yes, it'll be December, sorry" then I would be a bit more forgiving. But to have been in the dark for over 3 months (so far) is very frustrating.

My other car is a VW Polo GTI and by comparison VW almost updated me every time another component was added...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.