tyre choice

the stripler

Fighter pilot on Rails
Apr 8, 2014
Lanark, Scotland
can anyone advise a set of tyres which they recommend for the exeo, its time for new ones for mine. my only thing I really want is that they are quiet.

thanks

okedave

Jul 14, 2014
I run on the Michelin Cross Climates, cant recommend them highly enough for the Exeo. The quietest Ive run, grip the road incredibly well with no apparent loss of mpg, and they seem to last forever :)

Bish72

Mar 4, 2015
I hated the original Bridgestones with a passion: noisy and slippery but got 14K on the front set
I then had a pair of Uniroyal rain sport 3 on the front which were fantastic in both the wet and dry and quiet as well but these only lasted 10K.
I now have a full set of Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 3 on all corners, these aren't as good as the uniroyals in the wet in my opinion but still hold very well and are quiet as well, currently have done 2K on them but wear seams good.
I have an Exeo CR170ST sport on 18-40-225 tyres. Its only got 27K on the clock but my commute is fast A + B roads with lots of corners and a few roundabouts so that doesn't help my tyre wear!

Dicko90

Feb 14, 2017
Mine came with Goodyear Eagle F1 asy 3's all round and I can't fault them I'll buy the same when the time comes.

okedave

Jul 14, 2014
I have a pair of Yokohama C drive on the rear
and recently got a pair of Matador tyres for the front http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Matador/MP-47-Hectorra-3.htm

i expect i'll be swapping to put on the winter wheels next month, full set of Dunlop Sp Wintersport M3

If i wasnt driving 30k a year, i'd prob be looking into the Cross Climates.

I forgot to say in my earlier post, my last set of cross climates did just under 30k before needing changing :)

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
Yokohama advan sport v105. So far got 15k out of them and still got a bit left on the front. Maybe not the quietest but good grip slightly better in the dry than the old goodyear asymmetric 2's i had which did 14k on the front but were a little quieter.

Last edited:

RichL

Oct 21, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
I run on the Michelin Cross Climates, cant recommend them highly enough for the Exeo. The quietest Ive run, grip the road incredibly well with no apparent loss of mpg, and they seem to last forever :)
I'm running CrossClimate's too, havent done much milage on them but so far I've no complaints over grip, ride or noise.
Costco often do an offer on them though this time Blackcircles managed to go even better.