Exhaust Emissions Control light

Codemasta

Apr 18, 2017
Had a forced regen and dpf clean as fault showed possible blockage. All faults and lights cleared. When started the car the next morning the exhaust emissions light was on. Any ideas? Surely it can't be dpf again after not even a mile journey from garage to home. Cheers

Codemasta

Apr 18, 2017
Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. I managed to get the fault code, which is P2452. After a quick google, the pressure sensor has been mentioned a few times. Any idea if this is a simple fix?
Cheers

chris_foci

Apr 3, 2006
It's easy to fit, it's three pipes IIRC and it's conveniently screwed to the bulkhead panel. Think it needs coding with VCDS though.

Codemasta

Apr 18, 2017
Cheers Chris, that's where I'd get a bit stuck, with the coding. Any idea if it would work uncoded? I managed to clear the dpf light by giving it a bit of a thrashing but exhaust emissions light came back this morning. Will get codes read again to see if same fault code

chris_foci

Apr 3, 2006
I really don't know. Perhaps the light would stay illuminated but your DPF would be happy.

If get the fault codes read properly regardless as it could be any manner of issues but the pressure sensor is a common fault.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.