Condensation in rear brake light.

bradleymarky

Nov 7, 2017
Huddersfield
They didn’t say anything about the health check being paid for or free and I didn’t ask. You are probably right about getting a guaranteed fix with no waiting, I’ll cancel the health check tomorrow.

bradleymarky

Nov 7, 2017
Huddersfield
I`ve just found a small bit of condensation in the inner rear light, its only the size of a 10p and may go when the sun hits it but if not i`ll take it to seat instead of the place i bought it from.

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Both outer lights rear cluster have condensation just above the SEAT lighting logo at the very edge of the lights. Picture taken today where it has been completely dry for at least 24 hours. I cant see any sort of damage and the car is only 3 months old, should I be getting this checked out by the dealer?

iQ7jFHp.jpg

MTxCsmv.jpg

Last edited:

jskelton555

Feb 23, 2008
staffordshire
Rear light issue

Hi, i had this problem with water/condensation inside both rear lights, local dealer ordered replacements and fitted within days while i waited, under warranty. Cannot fault them.!

Lawtonater9

Nov 18, 2016
Manchester
Both outer lights rear cluster have condensation just above the SEAT lighting logo at the very edge of the lights. Picture taken today where it has been completely dry for at least 24 hours. I cant see any sort of damage and the car is only 3 months old, should I be getting this checked out by the dealer?

iQ7jFHp.jpg

MTxCsmv.jpg

I'd get that checked out. My local dealer's take on this condensation issue was if water beads start forming then he would look at replacing the units. I just seem to get minor condensation so he wouldn't replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
I think I'll give them a call first thing tomorrow morning to get it booked in at some point.

bradleymarky

Nov 7, 2017
Huddersfield
Waste of time yesterday going to sytner seat. As soon as i walked in they said if its not covered under warranty they will be a £79 diagnostics charge, i didnt ask for diagnostics to be done on the car.

I asked if one of the technicians could look at the car and he said he didnt know if it would be covered under warranty (car is 2 years old) and would have to check if it was one of the models effected. He also said he would have to take photos and wait for a decision from seat uk to give the go ahead for the work to be done. I left soon after taking my car with me.

Going to try a different dealer.

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Waste of time yesterday going to sytner seat. As soon as i walked in they said if its not covered under warranty they will be a £79 diagnostics charge, i didnt ask for diagnostics to be done on the car.

I asked if one of the technicians could look at the car and he said he didnt know if it would be covered under warranty (car is 2 years old) and would have to check if it was one of the models effected. He also said he would have to take photos and wait for a decision from seat uk to give the go ahead for the work to be done. I left soon after taking my car with me.

How can they ask for a £79 diagnostics charge for looking at exterior lights? the diagnostics is for them to connect the car to their computer and run a scan which they don't need to do to see a leaking lens :confused:
Used to be an ok dealer when it was Richard Alexanders but seems to have gone downhill - bet they lose a lot of repeat customers who would have had services done there?
You could always try emailing photos to SEATUK and tell them the dealer wanted to charge to look at them

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017

This is a joke trying to charge a diagnostics. I'm going to get booked in for the second week in February when I can get time off work, I would expect someone to come out and check the car, there is no way I'm leaving it all day there or paying for diagnostics either!

bradleymarky

Nov 7, 2017
Huddersfield
I did send an email to the Dealership manager and this is the reply. i have taken out a few bits but they were regarding other things.

"With regards to the car and the damaged rear light we have a simple process that must be followed ..of which stage one must be to let the customer know that if any work / diagnosis is carried out and is non warranty the customer would be liable for the repair or our time! Stage two would be to get the car into the workshop and diagnose and stage three would be to get the warranty administrator to action the claim , once these are sorted we can then complete or not the repair"

So hes more or less saying that even if they see it as non warranty work they will charge me £79 for looking at the car and wasting their time.

Last edited:

bradleymarky

Nov 7, 2017
Huddersfield
Just got off the phone from Seat UK. Spoke to a lovely lady named Melissa and she has confirmed that......if the car is checked for warranty work for the brake light defect and its deemed that its not covered then a diagnostics fee can be charged.

Just rang a seat dealer thats 20 minutes away from me and they said to bring it down and they will take photos and theres no charge if it doesnt make the warranty claim.

Last edited:

tsmiggy

Feb 12, 2007
Leicestershire
My MK3 went into the local Listers for its first MOT.I mentioned the same issue to them,and they replaced both at no cost.This was yesterday.

Last edited:

bradleymarky

Nov 7, 2017
Huddersfield
My MK3 went into the local Listers for its first MOT.I mentioned the same issue to them,and they replaced both at no cost.This was yesterday.
Some dealers seem to be happy to do the work but some (Huddersfield Sytner) are more concerned in what they can charge you for, learned my lesson about this place [:@]

tsmiggy

Feb 12, 2007
Leicestershire
Well thumbs up for Listers,and i big thumbs down for Sytner.Hopefully mud sticks,and word spreads quickly.

Last edited:

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Just got off the phone from Seat UK. Spoke to a lovely lady named Melissa and she has confirmed that......if the car is checked for warranty work for the brake light defect and its deemed that its not covered then a diagnostics fee can be charged.

Just rang a seat dealer thats 20 minutes away from me and they said to bring it down and they will take photos and theres no charge if it doesnt make the warranty claim.

I would expect any dealer to take photos and send them to seatuk to get authority for the warranty claim - can't understand charging and then maybe saying you have to pay for new lights as well :confused:
Which is the other dealer Mark? the 1 in sheffield (Hillsbourgh) is supposed to be ok

Funbobby

Mar 7, 2017
I've got a 3 year old estate where the brake light is now getting condensation in it but seat have said they won't cover it although I bought from seat with a years warranty which it's still covered under , anyone had any joy getting it done? Was told as it's bodywork it's not covered even thought there is no damage to lens

bradleymarky

Nov 7, 2017
Huddersfield
I would expect any dealer to take photos and send them to seatuk to get authority for the warranty claim - can't understand charging and then maybe saying you have to pay for new lights as well :confused:
Which is the other dealer Mark? the 1 in sheffield (Hillsbourgh) is supposed to be ok
Its in Wakefield mate. I’ve heard jct in Sheffield is pretty good.

bradleymarky

Nov 7, 2017
Huddersfield
I've got a 3 year old estate where the brake light is now getting condensation in it but seat have said they won't cover it although I bought from seat with a years warranty which it's still covered under , anyone had any joy getting it done? Was told as it's bodywork it's not covered even thought there is no damage to lens
Check around the edges for cracks, they normally follow after condensation

cbcdesign

Feb 5, 2015
I had my nearside rear light cluster replaced under warranty a year or so ago but the new one now had condensation inside it. They are just not sealed well enough to prevent moisture getting in so I have just decided to accept it as a flaw.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise