Resonator delete for Cupra 280 ST (estate)

Cupra280st

Jan 19, 2018
Hi, I've been searching for a resonator delete to my "new" Seat Leon Cupra 280 ST (estate) for a while. I found a lot of dealers for the 290hp version but my local Seat dealer told me that there is some difference between those exhaust systems but couldnt tell me exactly what. Do you guys know? Any suggestions were, or even better a link, to a dealer? Your own experience for a mod like this? /Best regards

Perfect_g

Jul 24, 2016
Hi, I've been searching for a resonator delete to my "new" Seat Leon Cupra 280 ST (estate) for a while. I found a lot of dealers for the 290hp version but my local Seat dealer told me that there is some difference between those exhaust systems but couldnt tell me exactly what. Do you guys know? Any suggestions were, or even better a link, to a dealer? Your own experience for a mod like this? /Best regards

There is no difference between 280/290/300 ST exhaust systems.

There is a difference between 280 SC/5-door and 290/300 SC/5-door systems.

At least that is what I could find spending hours and hours reading and looking at schematics when considering a new exhaust system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
There is no difference between 280/290/300 ST exhaust systems.

There is a difference between 280 SC/5-door and 290/300 SC/5-door systems.

At least that is what I could find spending hours and hours reading and looking at schematics when considering a new exhaust system.

Isn't it a difference in ST exhausts with and without 4wd?

What res deletes are people here considering? BCS has one with heimholtz anti-drone pipe :shrug:

Boab

Knows nothing about cars!
Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
I have deleted the resonator on my 280St. You don't need anything fancy as it's a straight pipe. Res off, pipe on, half hour work and shouldn't cost you more than £60.
It doesn't make a huge difference to the sound from the car until you want it to. DSG farts are now lovely and over run can be heard (quietly inside the car) at low revs when slowing down. Only get slight drone at about 85mph which of course you'll never be doing but it is no more than any normal exhaust. My mrs and kids haven't noticed any change so don't tell them.
Car does occasionally pop the exhaust when starting up which is nice :D

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
I have deleted the resonator on my 280St. You don't need anything fancy as it's a straight pipe. Res off, pipe on, half hour work and shouldn't cost you more than £60.
It doesn't make a huge difference to the sound from the car until you want it to. DSG farts are now lovely and over run can be heard (quietly inside the car) at low revs when slowing down. Only get slight drone at about 85mph which of course you'll never be doing but it is no more than any normal exhaust. My mrs and kids haven't noticed any change so don't tell them.
Car does occasionally pop the exhaust when starting up which is nice :D

Sorry for the thread revival. How you getting on with the res delete on the ST?? Still happy with it?

Dont suppose you have any videos of how it sounds?

Joedj9

Aug 30, 2018
Do people deleted both resonators when doing this or just one? I'm under the impression theres 2 resonators then the back box?

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
Do people deleted both resonators when doing this or just one? I'm under the impression theres 2 resonators then the back box?

On the ST 280 there is only one resonator. And the two back boxes. One on each side.

However on the 3/5 door Hatch I believe there are 2 resonators.

Joedj9

Aug 30, 2018
On the ST 280 there is only one resonator. And the two back boxes. One on each side.

However on the 3/5 door Hatch I believe there are 2 resonators.

Dint suppose you have a pic of the underside do you?

Joedj9

Aug 30, 2018
Sorry I dont. I have seen a pic online somewhere of underneath a red ST.

I've just found it. Is the central resonator usual cut out and is it a worthwhile mod for some more exhaust noise?

wms_F1

Jul 10, 2018
I've just found it. Is the central resonator usual cut out and is it a worthwhile mod for some more exhaust noise?

Yes thats the mod to go for apparently. I havent got mine done yet tho...

Reactions: Joedj9
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.