How do seat stay in business

davezx

Feb 19, 2013
doncaster
Just rang seat dealer in doncaster asking for a price of a catalytic converter for my mk1 cupra.
I nearly fell over when they quoted me £881.40+vat for one.
After ive got this car all repaired im deffinatley going back to my nissans again.

davezx

Feb 19, 2013
doncaster
they would have to be a complete idiot to pay that.
ended up getting it from a local motor factors for £125. shame howether it didnt sort the problem.

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Difference is.. the SEAT one is a quality product that is tested and designed to work with the car...

The motor factors one is a crap quality product ... just like the £150 3" downpipe i bought of ebay the downpipe itself was fine but the CAT was very poor quality

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Well if Nissan genuine parts are really £150 for a cat or similar then the quality must only be £150 quids worth.

They aint going to supply a £650 quid quality cat for £150 are they lol

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Well if Nissan genuine parts are really £150 for a cat or similar then the quality must only be £150 quids worth.

They aint going to supply a £650 quid quality cat for £150 are they lol

Nope, and hopefully the OP's local Datsun dealer is selling genuine parts like his Seat dealer has quoted, one of my local garages does not always supply genuine parts but still charges.

Thankfully these days genuine cats last longer than they did when they were first introduced..

Green Mamba

Feb 22, 2008
Warwickshire
Talk to your local official trade VAG parts dealer. Visiting Lister Seat Coventry is strange, their is a company called TPS Coventry, it's their right behind the showroom part of the repair shop. You can talk to the guys on the service desk if you really want to, it's just going through more hands.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.