engine management light on...... quick lambda question?

sean h

Good morning!

My engine management light came on about a week and half or so ago, yesterday i got around to getting the diagnostics checked out at Ricci Concept and they told me i need 2 lamda probes. I asked how much it would cost for them to do and i was quoted around £240 (cant remember if that was including vat or not though).

Just wondering if that is a decent price or not?

Also is there anything i can do, i.e. any checks to make and what to look for?

Thanks

sean h

i dont have vag-com at the minute, but definately thinking of investing in it next month when i can afford the software, and a laptop!

im from hull in yorkshire.

sorry for sounding like a doughnut but how many lambda probes do they have? i've only had the car 2 weeks now, so not upto speed with my knowledge of the cars.

As for the error codes, they never told me them, they just put in the invoice that i need 2 lambda probes. do i need to know the codes, have i just wasted 70 quid?!

cheers for your help guys, and once again sorry if im sounding like an idiot!

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
hey no worries dude we all have to start somewhere...

best try and find someone with vag.com

or ring the garage and ask them what the codes were they found so you can research them on here maybe????

sean h

cheers mate! people on here are a lot more friendly and helpful than on astrasport!

i'll be giving the garage a bell later on after work. in the meantime will i be okay to drive the car around until i can find my feet and get it sorted?

it seems to be driving okay, i know it will damage the cat but is that something that occurs over a long period of time or a short period?

thanks.

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
well if there is a problem with lamba sensors you might damage CAT so keep to less driving as possible dude :)

Yeah give the garage later (remember its a friday!)

See if theres any members around that could help you with vag.com. check for local meets in your area on the forum here... (theres a local meets section)

Happy to help mate and glad we are friendly :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise