steering wheel opinions please!

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Guys,

I have about made up my mind to change the 210 steering wheel in my car to either the 225 or the mk IV R32 wheel.

The problem is, I've never seen either in the flesh and I cant find either on ebay so I'm looking at similar prices for each. This chap from Germany can sell me the 225 wheel for about £260 and the R32 wheel can be had from vwspeed for £275.

So two questions....which one should I go for? And can anyone find me a better price than those above?

Ta

Phil K

Here's your sign
Oct 18, 2004
Surrey darling...
Personaly I'd go for the 225 wheel as it'll look more OEM in your cabin and you'll have less of a headache tring to sort out something for the VW badge in the middle 8)

I love the red mark at the top of mine - even if it's not perfectly in the middle since I had the tracking done :doh:

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
VW badge?
You keep the SEAT airbag!
Oh and those prices are a bit high, can be had for cheaper, was a guy selling R32 ones for bout 160 - Can't remeber where but search on here!

D20vt

Sep 17, 2006
In the Netherlands a R32 steering wheel costs €239 brand new.
The VW logo isnt on the steering wheel, but on the airbag, you can put your old Seat airbag inside the R32 wheel:

here's mine

DSC00172.jpg

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
i've searched tonnes on the internet and on the forum but cant find cheaper prices :(

people have said about r32 ones being sold on fleabay for £150 but that was a few months ago, I cant actually find either steering wheel on ebay at ANY price!

captcolourblind

r32

friend of mine just picked up a new surplus vw stock r32 wheel from flea bay for £180 posted. looks sweet in his mk4 gti :D

oh, 2 weeks ago

Last edited by a moderator:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Stealers are (were) about the same price. I think the cheapest price we got was £230 from one guy at a SEAT Dealers, and that's when there were two dealers on here and they were having a bit of a price war.

I got one for my 225 wheel from a salvage place in Bedford, via one of the breaker's websites (the ones that email them all for you).

Personally, I would say 225 wheel. If you can't find one, then maybe a R32 wheel.

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
have a look at the TTS roadsport section for the R32 wheel, if there is nothing in there then ask them how much they charge as i know for a fact that they have them in stock but i can't remember exactly how much they sell them for.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Does anyone have a part number for the 225 steering wheel? Seat can't give me a price without it?

Or alternatively can someone who owns a 225 give me their chassis number? as obviously my chassis number will bring up the 210 steering wheel!!!

Pretty please???????????? :D

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
Go for the 225 Jon

It costs loads, but they are sought after and keep the value quite well, so put the old one back on it when you sell it

german guy was the cheapest i could find

Stu_pot

Fire Starter
Mar 26, 2004
Near Blackpool
Can't personally comment on the 225 wheel but I guess it's pretty similar to the facelift S3 wheel (in terms of grip and overall feel, not looks) and I definitely prefer the R32 wheel, it's so chunky and somehow provides a much more satisfactory driving experience (Don't ask me why it just does lol).
When I get an LCR if the wheel doesn't feel as good as the 'dirty too' wheel I'll be swapping it over!