Petrol Smell

jizzy_jazzo

Hello peeps,

Last night I was drivng home and i turn on my Climat Control and set of Warm air and few moments latter I had petrol smell coming from air vents. After few moments when smell got bit stronger I switched off my C/C and lower my windows to ckear the smeel and once agian when I turned on C/C I had same smell.

Is it something I need to look in to? Any idea or advise?

Thanks
Jaz

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
alright mate, was it defo petrol smell or more fumes and oil?

i had similar problem when i put the CC on when i bought the car..

open your bonet and take off the big plastic cover on your engine, look at the pipes for breaks or splits.. my oil breather pipe was broken in two and thus pumping fumes out

also if you need a pipe replacing.. ring around.. seat will rob ya.. was £38.98+vat at seat... £32 inc vat at VW for same pipe..

jizzy_jazzo

Ya im pretty sure its petrol smeel but hence not sure as it could be other fumes. I have to re Asses this and see what is it. I wll have a look at my pipes and stuff and see if there is any thing needs doing.

jizzy_jazzo

I had a look at yesterday and it seems to be a oil drop on gas kit which is located next to clutch cables. So when heatng is on in car it smells of fumes very strongly.

Also when I change gears and car has that suden movement its makes loud thunk noise not sure what that is. Its normally comes from under neth the car at passenger side. Any idea what the hell is that??

Thanks
Jaz

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members