Problem urgent help please

Mkaragianni

Apr 18, 2017
Very hi from Greece

Good evening

I have a problem on my Leon fr with the interior monitoring alarm as well as with the siren ! Vcds says that it is intermitted the locks are ok. What can I do to sort it out this problem?

Thanks in advanced

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Can you please post up a full and complete VCDS Auto-Scan of your car so we can see all of the exact fault code information.

The intermittent interior sensor fault is a known issue and is seemingly a software bug in some models of the PQ35 body control module. I had my interior sensor module replaced under warranty a few years ago after it completely stopped working. You can see my thread on the Ross-Tech forum HERE. However, even with a new working one fitted, I still get the "No Signal/Communication - Intermittent" fault code appearing, as do a number of other owners. Even with this intermittent fault code, the sensor does appear to work perfectly OK as tested by me waving my arms around inside the car with the alarm armed, which does set off the alarm.

Also, check the status of the LED on the door. If there is a fault with the system which is preventing the alarm from arming, the LED will remain lit for 30 seconds after arming the system instead of it flashing immediately as should happen if the alarm arms successfully with no faults present. You can see one of my videos showing a fault status HERE.

Mkaragianni

Apr 18, 2017
Thank you very much for your prompt response

You are the only one that you helped me so far not only in Uk but in Greece as well.

First and foremost the status of the led on the door is not flashing immediately. The led is flashing as it shows on your video!!!! Right now I don’t have vcds but it is mentioned that alarm motion sensors and alarm horn is intermitted

Have you got any suggestion?

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Whoever it was that scanned your car before with VCDS, you really need to get them to do it again and then give you a copy of the scan log so you can post it up here. That will then show us exactly what fault codes are occurring and what type they actually are (intermittent or otherwise).

It is pointless doing anything else until you have a proper scan log otherwise it will just end up being a guessing game.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.