Options affecting Leon lead times

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Oh I see.

That's a better position to be in but still not ideal.

They go from ringing up customers out of the blue and offering gestures of goodwill to things like this (and to be honest not everyone who deserved a goodwill gesture received one.) Very inconsistent customer service.

It feels like they're doing well enough to not be bothered about the odd customer issue. They'd probably rather I cancel my order all together.

Anyway good luck mate.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Cheers mate, agree totally, we were thinking about an Arona but it will be a T-Roc that most likely gets our money at the back end of the year to replace the Tiguan... Lost faith in SEAT after my minor and other's major woes... [:@]

saintsfan

Jan 17, 2018
Sorry for the lack of updates but I have been working outside the UK. Finally got confirmation that the car was actually built last week. At least we did not have to wait until June as last indicated. Dealer now wants to try and get it to me by the end of the month so that his figures look good. He is now interested unlike previously when he was not bothered. Will update me as soon as it's in the country. So it looks like a total wait of 8 months. Will update as soon as I can

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Sorry for the lack of updates but I have been working outside the UK. Finally got confirmation that the car was actually built last week. At least we did not have to wait until June as last indicated. Dealer now wants to try and get it to me by the end of the month so that his figures look good. He is now interested unlike previously when he was not bothered. Will update me as soon as it's in the country. So it looks like a total wait of 8 months. Will update as soon as I can

Amazing how 'proactive' a dealer becomes when they have a month end target to hit to ensure a nice bonus :rofl:

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Just been notified that my car is built and on way. 1 day short of 9 weeks since ordering...not bad at all!

I didnt hear anything until 6 weeks after ordering and that was to confirm build week.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
The first thing I heard of mine was when it arrived at the UK port! I ordered mine in July when there were the huge holdups, must have got lucky because from order to arrival in UK port was less than 10 weeks.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Well my time with my Leon was short lived. Hit head on at around 60mph! Driver of the Fiesta was arrested for drink drive. Absolutely fuming and gutted. I don’t know what happens now, 1 month into PCH and I hadn’t arranged GAP yet.

Absolutely amazed with how the car coped though, no cabin intrusion at all. e
2f701c5ef27f072ff9fc9f4a62680a7f.jpg
13dcaef08aea2d22268151afe08fd576.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
Absolutely gutted for you mate. But at least you are OK in body if not so much in mind.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Well my time with my Leon was short lived. Hit head on at around 60mph! Driver of the Fiesta was arrested for drink drive. Absolutely fuming and gutted. I don’t know what happens now, 1 month into PCH and I hadn’t arranged GAP yet.

Oh dear God, hope you and yours are ok?

Happened to me last year on my PCH without GAP. Tricky as I wasn't the RO/RK.
The insurance company were looking to pay VWFS directly.

Go through SEAT ensurance if you can. They sorted me out with a like for like vehicle and worked with esure on my behalf.
Much better than going directly through esure.

I didn't have GAP either but I was at the end of my PCH and only had a small short fall.

I ended up getting it repaired, but it wasn't easy.
The repair quote was quite high, but using Parker's guide I convinced them that it was just under the threshold for a write off.
Lucky I did as I'm still in the car waiting for my new order.

Last edited:

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018

Absolutely gutting. As long as live to tell the tale, a car is replaceable. Sure you will be back behind the wheel soon enough. Dont know enough about repairing cars from accidents to make a judgement as to whether getting it fixed or new one is the right way.

Hopefully, the drunk driver will be soon doing time at her Majesty's pleasure!

Leon has really held up well too, definitely came off best! ☺

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Oh Luke :(

I was going to make a joke about you not having to worry about rattles any more but you beat me to it on your other thread

As others have said, the most important thing is that you & your passengers are OK. I don’t know what the best process is with insurance and PCH in this case but as mentioned it might be worth getting in touch with Seat esurance?

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby

Oh dear, you have not had much luck with your Leon from ordering on :cry:

It all depends on the damage to the engine, as the car has held up extremely well. I would want the car written off if it was mine.

If there are witnesses Fiesta driver may get dangerous driving charge added if not DD and a nice ban [:@]

Fiesta does look a right off and seems to have absorbed more of the impact than your Leon. Either way gutted for you...

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Bad luck there, feel for you. At least it proves that a car with all the modern safety gubbins is worth the investment should the worst happen.
I won't mention this sad tale to Father today as we pick his new Leon up from a dealer in darkest Kent - he's nervous enough about the impending snow blizzard as it is...

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

I thought my prefacelift held up well but that's remarkable at 60 mph.

This was me in September, so I almost know your pain. Very close to being written off.

If it wasn't for the fact that I was waiting on my facelift I wouldnt of had it repaired.

Hope you get yours all sorted quickly mate.
603c2ddd0fd34349dcb836574e1e98d6.jpg
215c82add3ea8ac00f8d4585c14b561f.jpg
e2cb4ec946c56c584806fd0954ada22b.jpg

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Thank you for all the kind words.

My passenger and I are fine, both walked away. No doubt thanks to the numerous airbags that went off. I’m so thankful to how well the car held up, there’s no intrusion into the cabin area at all.

My sternum is fractured so I’m in quite a lot of pain.

No idea what’s going on with the car. But I’m worried that I’ll be left with a massive bill as I don’t have GAP cover .

Unfortunately, the driver of the Fiesta wasn’t charged. He blew under the several hours later after being in hospital. I’m hoping the fact he was over the limit at the scene will work in my favour ref insurance.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
I guess he wasnt in a medically fit state to take the test there and then

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Thank you for all the kind words.

My passenger and I are fine, both walked away. No doubt thanks to the numerous airbags that went off. I’m so thankful to how well the car held up, there’s no intrusion into the cabin area at all.

My sternum is fractured so I’m in quite a lot of pain.

No idea what’s going on with the car. But I’m worried that I’ll be left with a massive bill as I don’t have GAP cover .

Unfortunately, the driver of the Fiesta wasn’t charged. He blew under the several hours later after being in hospital. I’m hoping the fact he was over the limit at the scene will work in my favour ref insurance.

Sorry to hear of such a painful injury.

If it is written off and all the airbags going off along with the front end damage to bodywork and I would guess radiator and inter-cooler it may well be written off.

However, it is a brand new replacement if a car is written off in its first year on nearly all policies. As it is the other drivers fault any shortfall can be claimed as a loss from the driver who caused the accident.

Yes, being arrested for drink driving meant at the time of the crash they were over the limit, as the road side Drager's are quite accurate, just not good enough to be used as evidence in court. Surprised they did not get a blood sample whilst in hospital - unless they only just blew over the limit :confused:

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

If it is written off and all the airbags going off along with the front end damage to bodywork and I would guess radiator and inter-cooler it may well be written off.

However, it is a brand new replacement if a car is written off in its first year on nearly all policies. As it is the other drivers fault any shortfall can be claimed as a loss from the driver who caused the accident.

I thought this but it's worth checking the policy as some won't do it if you are not the RK/RO. PCH changes things.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017

Yes, being arrested for drink driving meant at the time of the crash they were over the limit, as the road side Drager's are quite accurate, just not good enough to be used as evidence in court. Surprised they did not get a blood sample whilst in hospital - unless they only just blew over the limit :confused:

The police weren’t able to get a blood sample at hospital for some reason as the force Dr wasn’t available.

Then, unsurprisingly 5 hours later back at the station his alcohol had dropped below legal threshold. Frustrating for the officers too no doubt.

I’m still hoping the insurance company will take blame, he was wrong side of the road, head on into me and he was under the influence at the time of collision.

Just checked my policy ref the replacement car, doesn’t mention anything about me needing to be RK and they didn’t mention that on the phone either. Time will tell I guess.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.