GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Bluetooth

Aziraphale

I meant are you pairing a Nokia to the mfd3?
Nokias often have compatability issues because of their software.

oh. of course. that's what you meant.

no, i'm using HTC and it worked fine with original radio+BT combo.

would you care to share your controller codings, 19 can, 37 nav, 77 tel,
so i can compare them to mine, perhaps this will be a shorter route ?

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Sorry, I don't have access to vagcom.
I use HTC too, and Sony Ericsson before that without any problems. Mine was literally plug and play.
Is yours a seat unit or vw/audi/skoda?

Aziraphale

Sorry, I don't have access to vagcom.
I use HTC too, and Sony Ericsson before that without any problems. Mine was literally plug and play.
Is yours a seat unit or vw/audi/skoda?

that would be a volkswagen MFD3 ver C

LeonFRDave

Nov 10, 2010
Bristol
Does this same guide apply to FL Leons? I have a 59 plate FR TDI and would really like bluetooth functionality through the steering wheel controls and MFD.

Thanks

DJ CHEF

Dan,

My leon fr 57 2007 came with factory fit bluetooth...

I want to change the head unit to a standard kenwood mp3 one! Will my Bluetooth still work and will the MFD and steering wheel controls work??

Please help me!

Cheers

CHEF

Fatcat

Helpful, but 1 further question

I notice the guide is for the older Leon - I have just picked up a 60 plate FR and wanted to get bluetooth fitted without the need for a Parrot etc - I have spoken to a guy in the local area, who thinks he can retrofit it for circa £250, however even he is not 100% sure it will work and wants to trial it beforehand.

Does anyone know if there is a full OEM kit for the new FR ? I presume as it has the larger MFD, this should be quite easy ??!!

Cheers

FC

Kane1506

I already have this kit installed but around two months ago it cRashed and hasn't worked ever since :(. Would I need to buy the whole kit as a replacement is there a way to find if a specific piece is t working

muks11

Oct 30, 2007
Leicester
Does anyone know if the passcode can be changed using VAG COM. My car has the factory fitted bluetooth when I bought it and it paired without any trouble back then. Recently the car went in the stealers and since then I cant pair with it. It keeps saying the passkey is incorrect.

MattW35

Aug 9, 2007
Cambs
I notice the guide is for the older Leon - I have just picked up a 60 plate FR and wanted to get bluetooth fitted without the need for a Parrot etc - I have spoken to a guy in the local area, who thinks he can retrofit it for circa £250, however even he is not 100% sure it will work and wants to trial it beforehand.

Does anyone know if there is a full OEM kit for the new FR ? I presume as it has the larger MFD, this should be quite easy ??!!

Cheers

FC

Did you ever manage to answer this question?

Fatcat

We went with the local guy who sourced a unit (something like a Kufatec Fusion??) that is designed for the golf - all went in no worries, works great. You are able to use the steering wheel controls, phonebook is displayed in the large MFD - all good to date.

He did have to activate the bluetooth functionality on the car, he did this with his laptop - presume it's a setting in VAG.com.

any questions, give me a shout................

FC

Last edited by a moderator:

Aziraphale

Does anyone know if the passcode can be changed using VAG COM. My car has the factory fitted bluetooth when I bought it and it paired without any trouble back then. Recently the car went in the stealers and since then I cant pair with it. It keeps saying the passkey is incorrect.

It could have been changed to default - which is 1234.

As far as I am aware the BT passcode *CAN* be changed with VAGCOM.

Last edited by a moderator:

muks11

Oct 30, 2007
Leicester
It could have been changed to default - which is 1234.

As far as I am aware the BT passcode *CAN* be changed with VAGCOM.

The ar5eholes at Seat Derby changed the passcode to some random number. The first page in this thread show where the code can be changed.

barneyclyro

Mar 24, 2012
Manchester
Hey guys,

I've retro fitted RNS 315 unit with in built bluetooth...the sat nav is fine, I'm using a glass mount DAB arial which I eventually will fit round the dash (or get an autoelectrician to do...) but it's the BT i'm focussing on now. It works brilliantly and I don't need the bluetooth module but I need to install the microphone. Apparantly I just have to plug in the mic+ and mic-. Can anybody clarify what I need to do this? I have the loom and mic but it's just the colours and tips. Do I therefore need a crimping kit and adaptors? Or soldering kit?

alesi27

My other car's a Mustang!
May 2, 2009
Cork, Ireland.
Great guide Dan, just like the SatNav retrofit.

I really want to do this, and also to upgrade my clocks so I have the larger MFD/DIS screen between the fuel/temp gauges. However, I can only realistically do one at a time.

Can anyone advise what exact module (or modules!) I need for the 06 build Leon Stylance. Have all the buttons on the steering wheel and stalks.

Have the RNS 510 version B SW2760 and the small red MFD/DIS.

There are some that say they will only work with newer white DIS, and judging by this link
http://www.autoteileltd.com/vw-golf-mk5-6-skoda-seat-rns-510-new-premium-bluetooth-kit/
I'll need a premium kit to fit my car, or else the FISCON aftermarket one. Is that correct?
Also, can I have full function of the phone system through only the RNS510 or do I need the larger dash DIS/MFD to use it properly?

Would I be better off with an older module from ebay as I have an older car and a few years old phone?

I have a Nokia 6700 Classic, and have no plans to change it anytime soon, would rather spend the money on the car.

Missus has just got a Samsung Galaxy S3 though..

Thanks in advance..

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.