Led tail lights

luap64

Aug 27, 2014
Hull, East Yorkshire
I tried a led bulb in the reverse light over the weekend as I have the Led rear lights, it caused the bulb out warning so will need a in line resistor, bugger !!

Tonyuk74

Sep 1, 2014
Barnsley
What spec and year had the LEDs in rear ? Is this part of the xenon pack ? I looked at 3 exeo while deciding what to buy and never noticed any with the xenon headlights. Reading this forum tho they are quite common

luap64

Aug 27, 2014
Hull, East Yorkshire
Tony
Mine is a August 2011 ST Sport ( cloth interior & Pioneer AVIC 9300) & xenon light pack. Not sure when they added the xenon's but I haven't seen any 10 plates with them, but I mabye wrong on that.:whistle:

RichL

Oct 21, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
Tony
Mine is a August 2011 ST Sport ( cloth interior & Pioneer AVIC 9300) & xenon light pack. Not sure when they added the xenon's but I haven't seen any 10 plates with them, but I mabye wrong on that.:whistle:

Mines a 59 plate with HID headlights but the rest of the lights are regular bulb not LEDs, so I think they were an option.

I believe its possible to turn off the bulb warnings with VCDS if you're keen.

Tonyuk74

Sep 1, 2014
Barnsley
Thanks rich. That's intrest in about the vcds. So does anyone know where to look in vcds to turn the warning off ?

mcdonald

The xenon headlights are an option since the Exeo was available.
Later, think it was 2011 SEAT added LED DRLs to the xenon headlights and I think it was also this year they added LED rear lights.

I bought a set from a dealer here in the Netherlands for appr. 200 euro instead of the original 400 euro. They were originally ordered for another customer but he never picked them up.
After installing the LED lights I had to reprogram an EEPROM which is not possible with VCDS. My own dealer refused to reprogram the car so I had to buy VAS-PC somewhere in Asia and reprogrammed the EEPROM within 5 minutes. :p

exeo_ledachterlicht.jpg

Here's a DIY for replacing the reverse light by an LED bulb: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/584263-LED-Reverse-Light-DIY-walk-through

luap64

Aug 27, 2014
Hull, East Yorkshire
Well Chaps
Just changed the full interior to Led's, foot wells, puddle lights front & rear all roof lights glove box. Couldn't do the red door marker lights as they wouldn't power up !!
Bugger forgot the sun visor lights :doh:

Tonyuk74

Sep 1, 2014
Barnsley
Thanks McDonald for the info. I defo won't be going to that much trouble lol although I must say they look well on your motor pal

Tonyuk74

Sep 1, 2014
Barnsley
Luap what bulbs are in the front and rear interior units was thinking about changing mine to red LEDs, I'd leave the map reading bulbs white tho for that extra brightness if needed. And what's in the foot wells and puddle lights ?

Last edited:

mcdonald

Luap what bulbs are in the front and rear interior units was thinking about changing mine to red LEDs, I'd leave the map reading bulbs white tho for that extra brightness if needed. And what's in the foot wells and puddle lights ?

2x ceiling front (festoon 42mm – 4 LEDs)
2x reading front (BA9s – 5 LEDs)
2x reading rear (BA9s – 5 LEDs)*
1x glovebox (T10 – 4 LEDs)
2x makeup mirror (festoon 37mm – 3 LEDs)
1x trunk (T10 – 4 LEDs)
some 470 Ohm 1/4 Watt resistors

*Check rear reading lamp just to be sure. Type of bulb depends of lamp unit.

Foot and puddle lights is T10. I use these from DX: http://www.dx.com/p/t10-6w-300lm-65...nce-lamp-black-yellow-12v-326543#.VBn9C40cTIU

Had my interior LEDs ordered from France. clicky
From left to right: T10, festoon 42mm, festoon 37mm, BA9s:
bluecars_led.jpg

Last edited:

luap64

Aug 27, 2014
Hull, East Yorkshire
Tony
you will need x9 501 for footwells front & rear, puddle lights & glove box, x4 T4W or roof lights & x 2 42mm festoons, mine is the ST which uses x2 42mm festoon in the rear.Is yours the saloon ? if so it seems you will need 501's, sorry cant post links. ebay number is 300696442705.
Hope this helps
Paul
PS I didnt need load resistors !!!