New owner-but not quite yet!

Kernowgirl55

Jan 27, 2018
Went to pick up my 3 yr old -but new to me - Ibiza 1.2 i tech today to only find 20 miles down the road EPC yellow icon alert.. THEN engine icon rocks up!! Limped bk to dealer at 40 mph (14 miles away), hazards on goingnup inclines, bad weather, feeling really upset and stressed. Is this a problem I can expect to happen frequently. Please advise as just parted with a 10 yr old vw polo. Don't want to be buying a 'pup'. Thanks Kernowgirl55

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Is this a problem I can expect to happen frequently.
No :)

Nothing ruins the day you collect a new car more than it having problems, but in most cases it is more to do with the supplying dealership not preparing it properly than the car itself being rubbish.

Did you buy from a SEAT dealership or an independent?

Kernowgirl55

Jan 27, 2018
Hi Scrogg Yes it was a dealership. I have a courtesy car and they are going to sort the problem and ring on Monday. It is a pretty scary thing to happen too, my partner was going to accompany me but had to be somewhere else, so on me Todd! Thanks for answering so promptly.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
It certainly is :(

Cars break down, it's a fact of life. The most important thing is how well you, and they, are looked after when it happens. If you're concerned everything isn't sorted ask for a road test with a Technician before you drive away, making sure you cover a decent distance at normal driving speeds so they can demonstrate whatever was wrong (that they missed when the car was prepped) has been rectified.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members