New out of retirement

boxerdog

Feb 3, 2018
Hi all, I've just got myself a yellow Mark one Leon cupra, so thought I'd join a forum and pick up any tips and advice ect, I've not had any cars that are either modified or fast for well over 14 years, but I had the opportunity recently to but something I've wanted for years, so I brought a 2002 cupra in yellow. Stands out yes but I have always liked them, when this was new I had a Pulsar GTI-R, and couldn't afford a new Leon at the time. Mine has been lowered and remapped, cupra r interior in leather, 18" cupra wheels & various engine parts like silicone hoses, forge 007 valve, k&n cold air feed.

I'm 39 now so come out of retirement from the car scene, although the car park & cruise days are long gone, I still plan on enjoying this car

Hopefully there's some other enthusiasts in the Kent area?

Cheers Trev

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Welcome to SCN Trev, you are just a youngster. I never went away from quick cars and bikes, but as retirement looms i,m not ready for pipe and slippers yet, so roll on my next Cupra soon.

Retrosax

Feb 3, 2018
Hi Trev, welcome to the forum, im a newby too. Bought my cupra r 18 months ago and ive got 18 years on you I love my Leon and enjoy tinkering about with it. I guess at my age im not gonna grow up now

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Welcome. Great choice in car. I adore the mellow yellow MK1. I only see 1 around now with a black bonnet. Same age as me so think it's all part of the mid-life crisis. Love my MK1 (all black), but wouldn't mind a yellow! Hope cops keep off your tail, I was followed 4 times last week :confused:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members