Brake light in spoiler

Rob1977

Hi

Does anyone know how to change the bulb in the centre brake light in the spoiler.

Thanks

Si

Southern MoFo!
Aug 21, 2003
Bournemouth
www.westover.org.uk
No bulbs can be changed in the light unit itself bud. You have to buy a new unit, it's £54 from the stealer. Mine went 3 weeks ago and I couldn't find one anywhere but the dealer.

Simple to replace though. Take off the spolier and then it's two screws inside and it pops out.

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
No bulbs can be changed in the light unit itself bud. You have to buy a new unit, it's £54 from the stealer. Mine went 3 weeks ago and I couldn't find one anywhere but the dealer.

Simple to replace though. Take off the spolier and then it's two screws inside and it pops out.

BIT OF A BLOW THAT, HAVE TO REPLACE UNIT. [:@] [:@]

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Just a question, last night I closed the boot, and started to drive away and I noticed something in the rear view mirror. Stopped and found that the rear brake light was hanging down!!!!!

It is cracked along the entire length of the underside and the right hand side has come away. I managed to push it back in although it is certainly not flush and will fall out again.

Would this be covered under warranty? I would not expect this damage under normal wear and tear of closing a boot? Mine is 1 year 9 months old and 20k miles.

55 | Leon TDI | FR150 | Luna Grey

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members